Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #31
ROBBO1981

Default Re: $30 device available online blamed for spike in car thefts in Queensland

Ive still got my old club lock, might have to start using it again.
SUBS, IPOD CONECTION, EXHAUST, K&N FILTER.
MORE TO COME.
ROBBO1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #32
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: $30 device available online blamed for spike in car thefts in Queensland

whats stopping someone stealing a car with a tow truck?? someone really wants something they'll just take it.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Trunk monkey ???
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #34
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Trunk monkey ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs

I love it lol
Old 13-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #35
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Why arent gps tracking systems more widely used?

Say a hidden tracker somewhere very difficult to remove (maybe welded into a chassis rail or something?)

Then if/when it is stolen you and the police follow the car and possibly locate many more stolen cars

this would help but would have too be acted on pretty much straight away after the car was stolen. I like the idea actually. time would be the big issue in catching the crooks and then retrieving the car before it is destroyed by fire, the GPS tracker removed or disabled and stripped for parts. the big problem I see would be the police acting on it straight away. for example. busy because of something out of there control. natural disaster etc or if they're bothered going after it.
Old 13-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #36
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Simple switches/ isolators will stop the 14 yr old joy riders
If a pro wants your car.......... its gone....

A cousin had a XC cobra. chained to the floor, in a shed with an alarm

all he has left is the original rocker covers
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #37
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
How about having a remote mounted MAIN relay inside the car instead of under the bonnet so the owner can pull it and take it with him
Thieves will just start to bring one with them.
Old 15-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #38
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why arent gps tracking systems more widely used?

Say a hidden tracker somewhere very difficult to remove (maybe welded into a chassis rail or something?)

Then if/when it is stolen you and the police follow the car and possibly locate many more stolen cars
Apparently GPS signal blockers are very cheap and can conveniently plug straight into the car's cigarette lighter. Dunno how many people would be walking around with one of those but it wouldn't surprise me.

Still I think the GPS trackers are a good idea because not everyone is going to be carrying a signal jammer and every little bit of protection adds up.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #39
SavVYute

Ejector seat like 007 had connected to ignition switch.....
SavVYute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #40
Mitch_

I'm sure if they are stealing Beemers, they probably have a GPS jammer too!
Mitch_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #41
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone who brought a Camry years ago might have been talking **** to somebody who doesn't have one, but he claimed the features it came with were rather extraordinary.

He said if someone steals the car, from the comfort of his own home he can, control the brakes, accelerator, horn and lights plus a camera inside that takes a photo of the thief in the drivers seat that gets sent to his home device.

He claims that all Camrys come with this feture from Toyota, but this guy is known to tell lies. For example he once said he drove an upmarketed version of the Chrysler 300C called the "380C" in America. A model of the 300 that doesn't exist.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #42
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Apparently GPS signal blockers are very cheap and can conveniently plug straight into the car's cigarette lighter. Dunno how many people would be walking around with one of those but it wouldn't surprise me.

Still I think the GPS trackers are a good idea because not everyone is going to be carrying a signal jammer and every little bit of protection adds up.
Do these GPS jammers require power from the cigarette lighter? Or is there something else that can power them? Because for my XC when it's on the road, I might get a GPS tracker and it doesn't appear to have any cigarette lighters thankfully.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #43
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six View Post
Do these GPS jammers require power from the cigarette lighter? Or is there something else that can power them? Because for my XC when it's on the road, I might get a GPS tracker and it doesn't appear to have any cigarette lighters thankfully.
Yeah what if you dont have cigraette lighters?
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #44
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
Yeah what if you dont have cigraette lighters?
The answer should be obvious???

and after a very short google search (typed: battery powered GPS jammer, and clicked first link) here is one:

http://www.viperprotection.com/jamme...al-jammer.html

and some more cool products from the same company:

http://www.viperprotection.com/jammers.html

By cool, I dont mean in a car theft kind of way, more of "your annoying talking on your mobile phone in a public place, so ill secretely jam your signal" kind of way.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #45
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Car electronics are no different to computers. Everytime a new technology is introduced the crooks try to find a weakness to infiltrate the system. Just like antivirus programs for PCs, car companies will need to continually update their systems to stay ahead of the thieves.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #46
STINKY NINJA
Banned

So are these blokes able to steal fg falcons?
Thats all im worried about.
And if my ute does get nicked i hope they fully write it off,dont want a thrashed out pos returned to me with oxygen thief germs all over it.
i pulled my turbo badges off the day i got my ute... dont need to encourage thieves.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #47
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Clublocks will deter 95% of thieves. It takes a lot longer to get one off than any of their other techniques. They'll look in the window, weigh it up and probably keep moving.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #48
rab

I remember openng my dads mk3 cortina with a lollipop stick.
I they can reprogramme and steal my car (50th anniversary FG turbo) and not get beaten to death with a metal pole or ripped apart by my dog, then they can have it ! It's insured !
rab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #49
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The answer should be obvious???

and after a very short google search (typed: battery powered GPS jammer, and clicked first link) here is one:

http://www.viperprotection.com/jamme...al-jammer.html

and some more cool products from the same company:

http://www.viperprotection.com/jammers.html

By cool, I dont mean in a car theft kind of way, more of "your annoying talking on your mobile phone in a public place, so ill secretely jam your signal" kind of way.
Anyone looking at getting this, one thing to remember is that it can mess up emergency vehicles devices. Also may stop the signal for ambulances and such. I would suggest not getting any of these.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #50
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+ they are extremely illegal or so I've heard
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #51
F350guy

very concerning when I just got my wife a second hand bmw as a stand in car till I get her a 7 seater. Its when she does the shopping would be only concern though, I was smart when I built my fence - no gaps to get feet or hands between pickets, 1.7metres high and a gate that can only be open from the inside, they would have to bring a ladder with them just to get into our property
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #52
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

I fitted a secure pro GPS tracker. The unit is well hidden, arial is in the A Pillar. And it has an sim card and I send it text with pin number to enable electrics etc(its wired into a little control wire for the coil packs. It will crank all day but never fire). Has a geo fence set up so if it moves more than 10m it lets me know. I can call the unit and listen in to the occupant via a hidden microphone. It does lots of things and is locked to my phone like a vin is locked to a flash tuner. But I can call it from any phone and it will send back a text with a google map location coordinates.
Only cost $450 and a minimum monthly phone account for the sim.
And insurance went down so it will pay for itself.

I am surprised we all dont have a similar product. I would not be without my one now
Check your insurance companies for approved GPS trackers and start shopping around.
The extra bit of peace of mind makes it even more worth it.
Especialy since A friends car went walkies on a tilt tray from the employee car park on top of Carousel shops in WA. Easy to hire a tilt, throw a orange light and magnetic signs on. Pull up with. Vest and boots and pick up the car. No one blinks an eye!

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #53
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember reading an article on car theft that mentioned percentages...can't quite recall them now, not it was something like 80% of car theft being joyriders and you'll most likely get your car back...maybe not in the condition you'd like, but you'll get it back...simply locking your doors will stop these people most of the time even without an alarm.
Then 15% were car thieves stealing to rebirth, sell for parts, or other purposes...these guys know what they're doing but a good alarm will stop them.
Then we come to the remaining 5%, which are professional car thieves...there is literally nothing you can do to stop them if they want your particular car. With motorbikes, I know people who have gone so far as to keep a desirable Harley inside their house in the living room, and it's been stolen while they were sleeping. Highly visible vehicles like Ferraris and the like vanish off the face of the Earth, probably sent overseas in a shipping container by the time the owner realises its gone.

The easiest thing to do is lock your doors, or even put a fake "alarm system fitted" sticker on the window (don't specify the make, just "alarm")...this will stop most car thieves. An alarm...of any sort...will stop the majority of hard core thieves.
When it comes to the pro's, if you have something unusual or desirable, then if it's targeted by the big guys, say bye to it.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #54
pcman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i can tell you if someone rocks up to your car with a tow truck and starts dragging it no one cares .... i was dragging a vitara 4x4 (locked in gear with handbrake on) onto my tow truck had someone come up asking for a business card as he needed his car towed LOL
pcman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #55
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83 View Post
I fitted a secure pro GPS tracker. The unit is well hidden, arial is in the A Pillar. And it has an sim card and I send it text with pin number to enable electrics etc(its wired into a little control wire for the coil packs. It will crank all day but never fire). Has a geo fence set up so if it moves more than 10m it lets me know. I can call the unit and listen in to the occupant via a hidden microphone. It does lots of things and is locked to my phone like a vin is locked to a flash tuner. But I can call it from any phone and it will send back a text with a google map location coordinates.
Only cost $450 and a minimum monthly phone account for the sim.
And insurance went down so it will pay for itself.

I am surprised we all dont have a similar product. I would not be without my one now
Check your insurance companies for approved GPS trackers and start shopping around.
The extra bit of peace of mind makes it even more worth it.
Especialy since A friends car went walkies on a tilt tray from the employee car park on top of Carousel shops in WA. Easy to hire a tilt, throw a orange light and magnetic signs on. Pull up with. Vest and boots and pick up the car. No one blinks an eye!
That's awesome! Do you have a brand name or website for it?

Cheers!

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #56
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcman View Post
i can tell you if someone rocks up to your car with a tow truck and starts dragging it no one cares .... i was dragging a vitara 4x4 (locked in gear with handbrake on) onto my tow truck had someone come up asking for a business card as he needed his car towed LOL
Yep, even car alarms aren't listened to anymore..."What's that farking noise!!!", and you roll over and go back to sleep.

In my last job we used to get catalogues for various industrial stuff, and needed some sirens that could be heard over the noise of machinery as a warning device. In one book, I found a siren the size of a can of Coke, that put out a staggering 140 decibels. It had all sorts of warnings all over it as that's a dangerous level of noise.
A friend at the time mentioned an article on deterring car theft that said no one listens to alarms, so find a compact siren and put it under the seat of under the dash inside the car...no one is going to sit in there with an alarm going off while trying to steal your stereo or hotwire it...and even less so if that siren was one of those ones from the catalogue and was putting out 140dB, which the warnings on the industrial siren said would cause "instant and permanent hearing damage and extreme pain".
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #57
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon View Post
That's awesome! Do you have a brand name or website for it?

Cheers!
Will remember to look it up tomorrow. My instructions are pdf on laptop at work.
They used to advertise in Perth Street Car.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Old 16-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #58
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

The company in Gosnels WA is called securetronics
Paul is the owner 0438564732.
I just called him to make sure he is still in bussiness. Very nice guy.

He uses the website http://www.securetronics.net (Just change euro to AU dollarstop right of screen.
You want to have a look at the improved model V2 here http://www.securetronics.net/product...roducts_id=134

I have V1 and it works very well.
It can cut fuel and spark so I got my sparky to cut spark only because I did not ever want to have to shut it down via fuel cut if stolen just incase it went lean and damaged engine.

*** UPDATE**** Just got a text from him saying he is updating the web site now with new V06 model.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Old 16-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #59
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty62 View Post
Might have to get one of those old steering lock devices for the GT
They will just cut the steering wheel and take it off.
Old 16-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #60
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Here is V06 Tracker http://www.securetronics.net/product...roducts_id=115

Only $299.00 (plus postage I suppose)

Just a note that they are a gprs based device. They wont give you live tracking but it can send you a map reference every couple of seconds if you wish so you can get an indication of what direcion they are travelling.

May not be any good to those who are out of mobile range normally.

But for me the immobilising ability and remote shutdown, plus a message if she moves it suits me perfectly.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083