Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #61
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: $30 device available online blamed for spike in car thefts in Queensland

my AU wagon was opened up and my gear stolen and the cop kept saying i must have left it unlocked, I found a $12 key maker from china could have opened my ford locks. the tool had an abloy key shaped part and a trigger, squeeze the trigger a few times and it works like a bump key i think. I have to hand over all the info i could find about them as the cops where very interested.
also at one of my old jobs, they had about 25 keys from VK-VL commodore company cars (this was in about 1998) and we worked out that these 25 keys could open every pre-87 holden i found. (mine and my mates cars). seems holden was not very creative making keys
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #62
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: $30 device available online blamed for spike in car thefts in Queensland

A piece of wire in a shape of a hook can open most cars these days. Its starting them that’s the hard part.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #63
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
also at one of my old jobs, they had about 25 keys from VK-VL commodore company cars (this was in about 1998) and we worked out that these 25 keys could open every pre-87 holden i found. (mine and my mates cars). seems holden was not very creative making keys
Not just Holden...most old Falcons and Cortinas have very similar keys, especially once they have a few years wear and tear on the locks. When we owned a TE Cortina, two of my friends also owned them...and our keys would all unlock and start each others cars (with a bit of wiggling). Used to have endless fun sneaking over and moving each others cars during speedway nights I recall...

Interestingly, our son locked the keys into my 1982 Celica, and we had to get the RACQ to go and unlock it (he's 200km away with it at the moment and the spare keys are here)
Took them 45 minutes...no details were in the guys books, no hooked wire he tried (and he tried a lot) seemed to unlatch anything, and finally he gingerly pried open the glass window on the drivers side and with a looooong piece of his stiffest wire he fiddled and fiddled and finally managed to unlatch the lock (which was recessed into the internal door handle housing).
The guy said he can get into any modern cars in a minute or less, but some older cars present a real problem...of course, a dedicated thief would just smash the glass...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post