Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Jabba's ute, Vernier Gears are the go.

Well my ute has been in the Herrod QLD shop getting a set of Herrod XR8 Cams, a set of Vernier, and Billet oil pump gears fitted. They put her all back together this afternoon so we decided to take her for a test drive and see how she was going....Now we have not had her on the Dyno yet nor do we have it tuned in with the new Cams and Vernier Gears... So there is more to come, Power wise.... So back to the test drive...... Nathan (Mr Herrod QLD) drove first... Buy the end of the street I was speechless. From a passengers perspective this ute had it all going on---except for traction (lack of it, Even with 295 Yoko's V103's).... Nathan drove for a few minutes then pulled over to the curb to let me drive... Boy oh boy, has this got some mumbo now... First gear is practically a waste of time and a waste of rear wheel rubber, the motor spins up so fast it is like it is free revving and my tyre stood no chance to be able to hang onto the road... Second is not much better still spinning the pair of $700 295/30/19 rubber (Rob Herrod can you do me a deal on tyres please)..... Once into 3rd and the car caught up to the wheel speed it just kept going like a rocket. The torque that it is producing is very impressive, It is infact going much harder then what I was expecting. From the bumometer the motor feels like it comes into the power range from 2000rpm and lasts to 6250rpm(rev cut) When rolling of at the lights and you squeeze you foot down about 2/3's of the excellerator it starts wheel spinning at 2500rpm.

One thing I want to point out is Nathan also has a XR8 with very similar mod to his car as mine, except he does not have Vernier Gears, YET (yes he has the same Cams). Now the difference between his and my car is massive, thanks to the location that the Cams a set up to which is made possible by the Vernier Gears..

At this point she will be getting retuned on Friday, if not Monday...As soon as I have the results and Dyno sheet I will post them.....

Any of you wandering what to do next to your BOSS XR/FPV. My advice is get it into Herrod and have a set of Vernier Gear put on and re-tune... The difference is incredible.....

Lastly, I want to apologize if my post is a bit incoherent and all over the place... It is just that I am so bloody excited and I am finding it hard to put it into words.........

Matt

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post