Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
caizer
Starter Motor

Default fiesta CL 2011

Just got my new fiesta CL manual petrol 5 door hatchback, but in the first two weeks using it I feel that the cabin is not as quiet as the test drive car (fiesta LX manual hatchback), engine noise quite penetrating even in low speed. anyone experience the same issue?

Also I just realize my new car dont have driver's belt reminder, is that an optional on CL model (not optional in their brochure)?

Am I getting what I pay for (as I took the lowest price model)? or just unlucky..

caizer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: fiesta CL 2011

Congrats on our purchase buddy. Having driven a few WT models, I think the noise levels are lower than the WS Fiesta (comparing a WS LX to a WT LX). In saying that, it may be possible they forgot to put some of the noise insulation in your car. The Thailand factory is still new, and mistakes do happen. The driver seat belt reminder should be there too, so I'd take it back to the dealer and ask for an explanation.

Was the LX model you drove a WS (German made, had the soft touch dash) or a WT (Thailand build model)?
Old 28-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Definitely should have the drivers seatbelt reminder, and a passenger one too.
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

surely the seatbelt reminder would be in every model these days.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
south21

In regards to your seat belt reminder, check you have the alarms activated in your vehicle settings in your menu on the dash. I have the cl model and the alarm is there.
south21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
caizer
Starter Motor

dannyhilton: thanks mate. Mine is Thai made, forgot to put noise insulation? well if that the case I will not buy Ford ever again. Can we check this insulation(s) easily? I have checked the bonnet, the black layer under the cover is installed properly.

south21: I did play with vehicle setting menu, no alarm option there. Did you buy the optional savety pack?

Bugger.. I hate to call back that dealer, they seems to 'insignificanting' me since I refuse to buy their in-stock car (higher model but 2010) and choose to preorder instead (wait for 5 weeks), I also refuse their interior and exterior protection scheme after found out I can get what they offer at less than half price elsewhere.
Old 29-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by caizer
dannyhilton: thanks mate. Mine is Thai made, forgot to put noise insulation? well if that the case I will not buy Ford ever again. Can we check this insulation(s) easily? I have checked the bonnet, the black layer under the cover is installed properly.
It may be just missing some of the padding that's placed under the carpet. It's amazing the difference this stuff makes to reduce engine/road noise in the cabin.

Ring the sales person who sold you the car, and then ask if you can arrange a time to have someone look over it. A lot of people think you need to be aggressive in the first phone call, but ask nicely and just say it's a concern you'd like them to look into (the seat belt reminder and noise problems). If you don't get the reply you're hoping for, then start pushing.

Good luck.
Old 29-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

I bought a CL 2010 and I have the seatbelt reminder... it is concerning: I know that a lot of concessions were made when shifting production to Thailand (hard dash plastics, steering wheel adjustment, general build quality) but yours should have a seatbelt reminder - you may want to scroll thru the menu and make sure the chimes are set to 'on' perhaps (tho shouldn't make a difference really) - otherwise take it straight to the dealer for an explanation and replacement. There should be no difference in insulation between the CL and LX either.

Then again, welcome to the wonderful(?) world of new car ownership via Ford.....

If these are your only probs then you're doing well!
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
caizer
Starter Motor

Fiesta_Man69: Just ring the dealer regarding driver's beltminder. I have to call them again at weekdays to confirm, but the sales said my car should have one, and I might have to reach high enough speed to trigger the alarm. This doesnt sound right, is that how it works in your car?
Old 29-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

does the seatbelt light come up on the dash?

ive tried ours once and it only beeps if you drive off with the belt off..
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
paulo7

Hi guys,

I think the way it works is that the reminder is set to chime when the car is moving and reaches 20 or 25 klms. That's what mine does.
It should tell you in the manual...
I know, I know, we don't all read the manual, but....

From memory someone told me the Ford boffins adjusted the reminder because too many people were complaining that the chime went off as soon as you put the key in (as in the first Focii that came out), so they adjusted it to come on as I've described above.

Paul
paulo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Not legal but: drive along the rd at 40-60 quickly undo belt: it should chime plus red light on dash. If it doesn't then take it back tomorrow. It will do it for passenger too if the car is running, the passenger door opens and then closes and u drive off, like when u pick a friend up. I'd be asking bout the sound deadening too
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #13
Fi.ES.TA

My seatbelt chime comes on less than 20kmh and so does door boot chime.
This i definatley no as i reverse out of my drive and do around 10kmh and the chimes begin and peave me off.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does the CL have different tyres to the LX ?

Tyres can make a lot of difference where noise is concerned.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #15
Fi.ES.TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Does the CL have different tyres to the LX ?

Tyres can make a lot of difference where noise is concerned.

Must definatley agree here with rob aswell.I do no there was two different brands of tyres used one was continentals but cant remember the other brand
mine were the other brand.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post