Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
ImpulseTaco
n00b

Default Hey Fellas (new guy)

Hi guys, I'm Jordon. This is an awesome forum, lotsa stuff on Falcons. I've liked Fords for a long time, used to have a Mustang, but had to sell it because it wasn't practical. Currently I'm a student here at Texas Tech Universtiy, studying Accounting. Should be out and have a real job by May '06.

Hopefully I can talk somebody here into mailing me a some BA Falcon brochures....

Old 11-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Hi Taco. Nice to see you here. welcome . I will get hold of some brochures and send em to ya if ya want ! Cheers mate !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
ImpulseTaco
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Hi Taco. Nice to see you here. welcome . I will get hold of some brochures and send em to ya if ya want ! Cheers mate !
I'd be happy to have anything and everything they'll let you walk out of a dealership with. Also, is there some way I could "compensate" you in return? I realize postage isn't free, especially overseas.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Will be BF Falcon brochures soon

Postage isn't too bad to the US .. I used to sell a heap of stuff to the Mirage guys in the US ... and sent a ton of stuff over there.

Bulky items can cost a bit .... but smaller stuff isn't too bad actually.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome Jordan. It will be interesting to see some of your views from the other side of the world. You may see some anti American sentiment ing_sm but hopefuly not too much. You will learn lots : and make many new friends but I guess its a bit far to come for the cruises and All Ford days/weekends. :eclipsee_
Happy Foruming. :
Old 11-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
ImpulseTaco
n00b

I'm not from America, I'm from Texas. LOL. I'm hoping to learn all I can about the BA, and what I guess will soon wind up being the BF series Falcons. Once I've graduated and have a real job (not a poor college student) I'm going to come down there and get one and export it back to the US. I think its going to have to be disassembled and mailed over one part at a time to sneak it past the govt. here, but it'll be worth it.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:21 PM   #7
347Stroker
Banned

Welcome aboard mate, theres plenty of great Falcons, have a look in the show and shine thread....

Hope you have a ball here..
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:19 PM   #8
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Welcome to the forums!

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:32 AM   #9
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

taco , welcome to the forums . can you keep us updated on your petrol prices over there as we have seen the news but if the media is anything like here ?????
wer'e on average $1.35 litre here.

cheers

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:46 AM   #10
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Nice to meet a Texan that is interested in our humble Falcon mate

Hope you enjoy your stay

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #11
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Mustangs Grrrrrrrr!!

Welcome Aboard!

Sure you will find the BA, an "interesting" car.... :

Cheers!

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 12:53 PM   #12
Danny
GT4.

Welcome Mate. If youre after brochures and cant wait we have the brochure section in the forums for your perusal. You'll find BA brochures along with most other brochures that advertise Australian Fords through the years. Enjoy!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #13
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Welcome aboard. Pity you had to get rid of the stang. :(
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.

Last edited by Sagerian; 12-09-2005 at 02:26 PM. Reason: speeeellling
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah welcome!

how and why would a texan know/care about falcons?...fill us in!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #15
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay and try not to get addicted like some us are!!
-----------------------

Last edited by megsy; 12-09-2005 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Carnt speel... nEEEd speelin lesssons
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 05:36 AM   #16
ImpulseTaco
n00b

Wow, I leave the computer for a few days and I get lotsa replies to my post.
In no particular order:

Quote:
how and why would a texan know/care about falcons?...fill us in!
I bleed Ford blue. I may not drive a Ford right now, but I'm the only one in the family that doesn't. I have a Toyota because I needed a small pickup, and as much as I would have liked a Ranger, the quality is, to use ya'lls words, "dodgy". I went on a search several years ago, through all of Ford's different websites, looking to see if all the other countries around the world get the same cars that we get here in the US. I found the only places with unique Ford cars are Europe and Australia. Everyone else (save for US) gets some variation of an Aussie or European Ford. Now, I looked at all the European Fords, and they are all smaller front wheel drive cars. Not exactly exciting, even with a v6. Australia is another matter. You guys seem to be the only other country in the world that loves a big v8 engine. Hence, the Falcons, and why I like them. Rear Drive sure helps too. Personally, I think Ford is dumb for not bringing the Falcon over here like GM(Holden) is doing with the Monaro. We have this pile of crap car called a Crown Victoria. The only people that drive it are old folks, cops, and taxis. Its very bland, and not terribly powerful, and worst of all, that was the ONLY V8 rear drive car that was sold here, short of Corvettes, and Mustangs. Personally, I find big powerful sedans pretty sexy, if they look the part.
OK next question, I could ramble for pages on the above.

Quote:
can you keep us updated on your petrol prices over there
Sure. Shortly after the hurricane hit, gas spiked bad to 2.99/gal, which(if my math is correct) translates to $1.02AU / liter, for 87 octane. Our octane rating system is different over here, I think our 87 is equivalent to ya'lls 92.
Gas has gone slowly down though, its sitting at about 2.70/gal which is roughly where it was before the hurricane.

Quote:
Pity you had to get rid of the stang.
Yes it was. I've been without her for 3 years and I still miss her like it was yesterday.
Pictures:
Mine on the right, co-workers 85 SVO on the left

Old 13-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #17
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseTaco
Personally, I think Ford is dumb for not bringing the Falcon over here like GM(Holden) is doing with the Monaro. We have this pile of crap car called a Crown Victoria. The only people that drive it are old folks, cops, and taxis
I cannot comprehend for the life of me why they use theose Crowns as cops cars. Surely they cant be too good in pursuits. Id imagine they would handle terribly. The only pro to em that I see is that they are big cars so i bet they could take a beating. What you guys need is XR8 cop cars hehehe. Look much better aswell

XR8

another XR8

AU XR8

You guys are paying $1.02/litre. I cant remember the last time it was that low and sure as hell would be happy if it came down to that again. Id actually get just under a litre per dollar.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #18
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

DAMN, why havent we got those up here in FNQ....

All we have is the XR6 turbo
Old 13-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #19
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I cannot comprehend for the life of me why they use theose Crowns as cops cars. Surely they cant be too good in pursuits. Id imagine they would handle terribly. The only pro to em that I see is that they are big cars so i bet they could take a beating. What you guys need is XR8 cop cars hehehe. Look much better aswell

XR8

another XR8

AU XR8

You guys are paying $1.02/litre. I cant remember the last time it was that low and sure as hell would be happy if it came down to that again. Id actually get just under a litre per dollar.
Mitchay, the second one looks like an XR6 Turbo, not an XR8. Notice it doesn't have the bulge.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #20
ImpulseTaco
n00b

its because Ford cuts a deal with govt. agencies, and because Police Departments prefer v8 RWD platforms because they are tougher than front-drivers. They have a 4.6L (smaller displacement version of the 5.4 in the XT, except with 2 valves instead of 3) thats good for 224hp (~167kw).

The ironic thing to me is that my mustang used an identical engine, which was instead rated for 260hp (194kw). Ford does NO engine enhancement for police vehicles. The only differences between the police model and the model I can buy are the police model sits higher, and has a bigger radiator.

Pictures of a typical police model

Old 13-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #21
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Mitchay, the second one looks like an XR6 Turbo, not an XR8. Notice it doesn't have the bulge.
Sorry my bad.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post