Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-09-2008, 02:54 AM   #1
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

Default Dash cluster question...

gday guys.

the tacho needle and speedo needles in my LT do not sit on 0-rpm or 0-kmh when the ignition is on [ON] or when the car is actually on. they sit slightly higher than zero. anyone else noticed this?

anthony

AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

havent noticed this, i will have a look next time im in the car
Loris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Lanyi

How recently have you noticed this?

If your up for it, you can correct this fairly easily if you remove the instrument cluster and then the needles.
Lanyi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
RJO89
EuroFordClub

haha you'd wanna hope your tacho didn't sit on 0 when your car was on... Idling at 0 RPM, might be something you wanna check out!!
How far off are they? If it's within a millimeter, you won't be able to get them to sit directly on zero. Trust me, I've tried. The needles sit on a rest stop (can't think of a better name for it), which is a point that you can reset by rotating the needle an entire anti-clockwise revolution, but the needle moves in increments, as in the needle clicks as the rest top moves around the gauge. If it's only slightly above zero, you won't be able to get it to sit directly on zero.
Just a heads up.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

hahaha should have worded that different hey RJO89!?

they are within a millimeter or so....not a great deal but just thought id see if anyone else has noticed this?

in the past i have pulled needles out of cluster and i vowed never to do it again lol!
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Yeah it's a bugger of a job. If you were gonna do that, you might as well change the colour of it while you're at it!! Mine is the same, but that's after taking it out about 10 times or so!!! So I'm prob not the best example of it!

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
blue_focus

Yeh I have pulled out my dash n got the LEDS changed. now the needles sit just about 0 but only wen the car is on.. but too much efort to pull it out. Pain in the *** 2 do.
blue_focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post