Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Default Colour coding

Howdy people. I want to colour code the usual bits, door handles, bump strips, boot trim. Do you have to take them off? How hard is to get them off?
Also, clear side repeaters. Ford quoted me $63 for Focus ones. Can you get them cheaper?
Cheers KJ

Old 18-04-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
Howdy people. I want to colour code the usual bits, door handles, bump strips, boot trim. Do you have to take them off? How hard is to get them off?
Also, clear side repeaters. Ford quoted me $63 for Focus ones. Can you get them cheaper?
Cheers KJ
did you try EBAY?
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I had my car colour coded. Everything except the door handles (gf has nails and lots of bling bling SHARP rings....)

Take the mirror covers off... pop the boot, undo the boot skin and undo the 3 bolts (i think its 3) that hold the boot handle on. Then get a hair dryer, heat the side strips up and start peeling them off. Depending on their condition you may need to buy new ones. I didnt luckily, but it was a right royal ***** getting the glue off the plastic strips (if i had to do it again id buy new plastic strips from ford)

The car will look absolutely hideous with all the bits taken off it, drop it all off at your panel beater and tell em to match it !

I got it done, and its probably the one best thing i have done to the car, made its lines flow smoother, looks alot better
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Colour Coding

Before euro plates
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 18-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

That looks pretty schmick Mitch. My car is new so bump strips are in good nick. Just have to get them off. I like the FIESTA on the boot strip. Did you take the strip off the bottom of the front bumper? I've scraped it already.
Old 18-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Before euro plates
Holy Crap mitch our cars look similar (With exception of the colour coded bump strips)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Holy Crap mitch our cars look similar (With exception of the colour coded bump strips)
And the Fog Lights..... and Zetec badging!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 12:37 AM   #8
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
And the Fog Lights..... and Zetec badging!

That will change in about 4 days teki ordered the fog lights trade price too.

The fiesta badging was removed from the left side of the boot when new, and when i got it colour coded i put them back on onto the boot handle bit of bling hay

Loads of fun :
Old 19-04-2006, 12:44 AM   #9
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Different & unusual.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:29 AM   #10
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Dropped into Ford today & was quoted $380 to colour code door handles, door trim & boot trim. Is this in the ballpark or a bit much? The Ghia looks good like that.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:51 AM   #11
0xyg3n

I payed 330 when I got mine done I think.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Sounds around the right mark.... I was quoted $450 (Sydney)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post