Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #1
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Default Folding Keys?

Hi guys,

I tried using the search but the words "key" and "fob" were too short for the search.

Anyway... Is there a folding key available for the LS Focus? I think I remember someone saying the Mazda3 key could be used?

Thanks,

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 02:01 AM   #2
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Correct me if im wrong, but the xr5 will have them??? So maybe they will become available... Best thing about flippy keys is that they dont do damage to pockets...!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 02:48 AM   #3
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XR5 does have them....so just wait and also save. Will cost a mint
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

VW, have them as an "option" on the Golf. So maybe its something ford could look into.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I think they should offer it as an option. I mean the key is HUGE! Well, not the key part... the ob part is huge. How much extra does it cost to manuacture a folding key anyway?

The XR5 key will cost an arm an a leg I'm sure.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 26-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I think they should offer it as an option. I mean the key is HUGE! Well, not the key part... the ob part is huge. How much extra does it cost to manuacture a folding key anyway?

The XR5 key will cost an arm an a leg I'm sure.
The age old eternal question... it might only cost say $20 more for the manufacturer (I have no idea, might be $100 or more!!)... try multiplying that $20 by 200,000 cars per year in a small plant, you soon see that 's either 4 million less profit for the company (wow, that's suddenly huge!!!) or it's a higher price for the customer.

$20, I'd pay that right? Sure, now take the key fob and the 25 extra items you'd "pay for" that you wish were in the car and suddenly your $22,000 family car has grown to $23,000 ans is no longer so well priced... it loses that initial impact. Not everyone would "pay for" all those 25 items, so it's probably better to err on the safe side of expensive.

I imagine it's a tough decision for manufacturers to make, how far do you go? Personally, it's cool, but probably not necessary.
Old 26-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #7
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Oh I didnt mean for the manufacturer to include it in the price. It was more a general wondering-ment (is that even a word? :P) than anything else really. But the other reason why I ask is whether it justifies the amount we would have to pay for a folding (or replacement) key.

Either way, I'd like to look into getting a folding key so I dont end up with holes in my pockets. lol

Old 26-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some guys like holes in their pockets lol
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 09:10 PM   #9
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I only like holes if they were caused by too many 100 dollar notes in my pockets. This hasnt occured yet :P

Old 26-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #10
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
Some guys like holes in their pockets lol
Thats in their jacket pockets, they dont wear anything underneath.... Did someone say Hyde Park?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post