Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #31
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm located In wollongong I can get a quote for shipping anywhere if you're after that, The rims are A1, look brand new, I'm a very careful driver (i have to be with my new rims) the tread would be around 70 - 80%, i'm about to take them back off the car and put my new ones back on
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 02:12 AM   #32
dazza_1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
I'm located In wollongong I can get a quote for shipping anywhere if you're after that, The rims are A1, look brand new, I'm a very careful driver (i have to be with my new rims) the tread would be around 70 - 80%, i'm about to take them back off the car and put my new ones back on
yeh that would be good im on the gold coast in qld postcode 4212 if that helps
dazza_1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #33
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok you're looking at $27.90 per wheel for COD (cash on delivery) at the absolute maximum, that was you get a note saying they are at the post office and you go down there and pay the postage plus the money for the wheels and then they send me a money order and it's all good, other than that a courier company might be cheaper call one that is near you and see how much they would charge, i'm takign the wheels back off today so i'll weigh them to get an idea of weight too
Old 20-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #34
dazza_1011

Quote:
Ok you're looking at $27.90 per wheel for COD (cash on delivery) at the absolute maximum, that was you get a note saying they are at the post office and you go down there and pay the postage plus the money for the wheels and then they send me a money order and it's all good, other than that a courier company might be cheaper call one that is near you and see how much they would charge, i'm takign the wheels back off today so i'll weigh them to get an idea of weight too
call me on my mobile my number is 0404341862
dazza_1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #35
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry daz it looks like BlackLS would be able to pick them up which is much less of a hassle, if someone at my brother's work decides to get different rims on their zetec and they have an extra brand new set lying around the caryard i'll definately let you know guys know on here
Old 22-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #36
rider007

Orsest170, was the dealer able to show you a catalogue of options and prices available to you ?. Is this for public viewing ?. I'm getting tempted to upgrade my car after reading all the great reviews from the UK .
Old 22-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #37
zetec
Zoom Zoom

rider007 the answers are all no, prices and final options have still not been released by Ford to Dealers or anyone. He would have purchased and paid a deposit with conditions upon an easy refund if the price is too high, or if he's not happy with the test drive for example. Cars like these are so popular that Dealers don't care in the end if they lose a sale because the huge potential 6 month waiting list will effectively cover any concerns about the car not selling initially!
Old 22-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #38
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider007
Orsest170, was the dealer able to show you a catalogue of options and prices available to you ?. Is this for public viewing ?. I'm getting tempted to upgrade my car after reading all the great reviews from the UK .
Matt has pretty much covered it there in his post – very little is known at this stage. They do actually have a brochure that lists what you will supposedly get with the car. According to the dealers I spoke with, the only option available for the XR5 is Dynamic Stability Control. I wouldn’t even consider it an option – it’s more a necessity on a powerful FWD car.

The optional leather 10 way adjustable Recaros were pictured in the brochure, so I’m guessing you can get them also. Note however, that the car becomes a 4 seater if you take this option because the moulded rear seat has only 2 seatbelts. A six stack CD player is also standard equipment. The Brochure also tells you what coloured seats you get when you order a certain car colour i.e. red Recaros if you get the black, blue with blue and orange Recaros if you get the electric orange etc.

Anyway gotta get back to wrc.com to see if Gronholm can hold onto his lead…its early days, but I can feel a drivers title coming Fords way…. :sm_headba
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 09:36 PM   #39
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm praying for Gronholm, Loeb is coming up from behind quickly hopefully he can hold on
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #40
karl74

Het OrseST170 don't forget to tell the dealer to drop those Rims off at my place.
karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:18 PM   #41
tabaccs

Maybe you guys should do this to your new XR5's... Although they're photshops gotta love the look of the lights on the orange pic..

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #42
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From This Thread.......
$35,990 For XR5 Turbo Including DSC
I like the Orange, Silver, Blue & White!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #43
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

You Beauty!! That means with the discount I have written into my contract, I'll be paying $35490 tops! Plus I'm getting free tint, mats and paint protection...What a bargain! Time to start shopping for some decent rims now.

Please, can any of you Melbournites that are lucky enough to go to the Motorshow, be sure to post pics and your thoughts on the car - cheers.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #44
rider007

Is the XR5 coming in 3 Door as well or just 5 door ?
Old 09-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #45
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider007
Is the XR5 coming in 3 Door as well or just 5 door ?
5 door only...to begin with anyway
Old 09-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #46
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Pics on Sautrday hopefully after I get back form the show.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #47
b2tf
not here much anymore

Well after seeing this in the email today I am tossing a few ideas around. After the prang which wasnt my fault Ive decided the LR will probably leave me early next year, and if I can swing it it will be an XR5 that takes it's place. That bit comes down to insurance.

I know mrs b2tf wants another Falcon as the next car, but Im sure a turbo will do just as well .
Old 09-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #48
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Come on Aust, admit it, it's Mrs B2tf's decision anyway... what say in the matter do you get, you're only paying for it...

I'll work on her mate, I'll convince her
Old 09-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #49
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Come on Aust, admit it, it's Mrs B2tf's decision anyway... what say in the matter do you get, you're only paying for it...

I'll work on her mate, I'll convince her
please do. id be happier in an XR5T than a BA Futura.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #50
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will she drive a Manual.... that is the $35990 Question

What a drooling day for Ford lovers.....! Cant wait for the Brisbane motor show to see all these beauties in the flesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #51
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
Time to start shopping for some decent rims now.
These wheels might fit your bill....

And here is your car original....

(Dont know why the other pic disappeared, but could someone delete the link please?)
Old 10-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #52
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Yeah had that pic as my desktop for a while. They are the Loder Jacky 1899 wheels and I like them a lot, however I would go for silver and not Chrome (although the chromies do suit the electric orange). European parts sell them, but it would be a costly excercise getting them here.

I really want OZ Ultraleggera rims with the matte graphite silver finish. They are absolutely jaw dropping, unfortunately, so is the price!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:10 PM   #53
karl74

Mate those rims are very nice. If you want my opinion i'd definitely go for them. Hey they're expensive but don't forget you were expecting to pay around $38-39000 for the XR5.
karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #54
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Pics will be up tomorrow night.
Old 13-02-2006, 01:44 AM   #55
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Pics will be up tomorrow night.
Can't wait! Cheers Matt.
Old 13-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #56
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey I've just recieved a workshop manual for the xr5 if anyone wants any more info about any part of it i'm able to look it up
Old 13-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #57
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Hey I've just recieved a workshop manual for the xr5 if anyone wants any more info about any part of it i'm able to look it up
Well, you can start by checking whether those zetec headlights your'e getting soon will be directly compatible with the XR5 :.

Also can you please check if it comes with the 'space saver' spare wheel or whether you just get the can of repair foam (like they do in Europe now)? Apparently if you get the space saver spare wheel, you lose about 6 inches of boot depth, so I'd rather have the repair foam I think.
Old 14-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #58
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'd imagine not - headlights probably height adjustible which the Zetec ones aren't... otherwise you might lose the feature which might not worry some people I guess.

Space saver tyre comes standard, reason being the rear muffler (it's massive) takes up what would be the tyre well, the boot floor is raised about 6 inches, however under the floor around the tyre are inbuilt compartments in the foam mould to maximise useable space even under the floor.
Old 14-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #59
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Cheers Matt, how are those photos coming along mate?
Old 14-02-2006, 02:41 AM   #60
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
however under the floor around the tyre are inbuilt compartments in the foam mould to maximise useable space even under the floor.
Don't tell me Ford is thinking about an ad for the XR5T with "21 storage spaces!"?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post