Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
tommyd
Starter Motor

Default New Territory ads

Get a sneak peak here

www.ford.com.au/newterritory

tommyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: New Territory ads

Only watched the first vid so far, but it's well done.

If all their TV ads are like this, then it's certainly a big step in the right direction.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10

Last edited by GK; 10-06-2011 at 07:01 PM.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
stang65
FPRJET

well done Awesome Job.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Dont think they will be the ads on TV.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At nearly 2 minutes they wont be the ads shown on TV unfortunately.

The first one is very well done showing all the pros of the vehicle.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

There will be TV ads, starting this weekend I believe.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just saw a couple of the ads - they're not too bad actually! Similar to the videos posted up the website.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G6ET Spot
At nearly 2 minutes they wont be the ads shown on TV unfortunately.

The first one is very well done showing all the pros of the vehicle.
You have to go a bit further into the website to get to the 30sec add from the original link... It is the same as the 2 min one, just cut down to 30sec...
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

That is a fantastic advert. Well done Ford! Very much sums up todays lifestyle and tech and exactly how Territory fits into that with impressive economy!

Looks like that new ad agency (which created the Fiesta advert) is a good one.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #10
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looked like Better Homes & Gardens got a decent "incentive" to promote this in last night's episode...

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
It looked like Better Homes & Gardens got a decent "incentive" to promote this in last night's episode...
Ford is finally getting it right.

The demographic of those who watch BH&G, aka the DIY type with a nice family home and a couple of youngens, is exactly who they need to target with this awesome vehicle.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

The more I think about RWD petrol and diesel Territory, the more I like both of them.
The petrol I-6 RWD is pretty close to falcon's combined fuel economy but is far more versatile
and the diesel just takes the whole theme to another level. I can't help thinking that those
people bemoaning the loss of the Falcon station wagon now have something really worth
looking at and cheering about, Ford should advertise both versions to the max.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #13
vbomber

Saw the ad while watching the Sunday footy show, cut down to about 30 seconds the start of it's the same then they quickly cycle through meeting all her friends then at the end voice over says to go to the website to view the whole vid

The ad doesn't do much justice to the vid, should have done the first few friends with the km's stacking up rather then just showing friends
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
The more I think about RWD petrol and diesel Territory, the more I like both of them.
The petrol I-6 RWD is pretty close to falcon's combined fuel economy but is far more versatile
and the diesel just takes the whole theme to another level. I can't help thinking that those
people bemoaning the loss of the Falcon station wagon now have something really worth
looking at and cheering about, Ford should advertise both versions to the max.
The territory has been out for a while and I dont think fleets like Telstra have warmed to it like they did with the wagon. I dont know what why, maybe its a perception thing I dont know. Dont want to be seen driving "SUV's" around perhaps?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #15
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
The territory has been out for a while and I dont think fleets like Telstra have warmed to it like they did with the wagon. I dont know what why, maybe its a perception thing I dont know. Dont want to be seen driving "SUV's" around perhaps?
the falcon wagon was a good fleet car, roof racks are still easy to get at and the leaf springs are minimal maintenance, i`d have leaf springs on a fleet of work cars over irs anyday.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #16
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Now THAT was a brilliant vid. They should screen it on telly.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I know when the Territory first came out I pushed for it heavily in my company and did a six month evaluation for a corporate company. Fuel economy on the highway way negligible between the two and the Territory was definitely more comfortable for day to day. Around town it definitely chewed more fuel. In the end it was the better vehicle but its cost over the wagon lost it at the end of the day.

Now that Ford do not have an option it would have to come up with whether the Holden wagon is cheaper and whether it also does the job. Unfortunately in corporate companies you also find that the people running the vehicle decisions rarely have a passion for cars and normally do not know anything about them or options in the market. Hopefully Ford has had its market team seeing corporate and leasing companies because winning them over will be just as important as winning the public over.

Great ad by the way. I think with the new models, new ads, and changes in FPV, that maybe Ford are listening and getting their act together. Good to see.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #18
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

I saw a TV ad for the new Terry on TV earlier, you could probably call it a "Facebook" ad since the person was saying she could probably visit all her facebook friends on a single tank.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
I saw a TV ad for the new Terry on TV earlier, you could probably call it a "Facebook" ad since the person was saying she could probably visit all her facebook friends on a single tank.
I saw the same ad in one of the breaks during Masterchef tonight. One thing that I liked about it was that it didn't seemed to be "rushed" in a sence. Whether or not it was any longer than other ads I don't know but it felt longer.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #20
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
I saw the same add and think they should have swapped the 10 seconds wasted on FB friends with info on new features and benefits of ownership....
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #21
venthan87
Starter Motor

holy smokes, makes me think about getting one now.
venthan87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #22
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I saw the same add and think they should have swapped the 10 seconds wasted on FB friends with info on new features and benefits of ownership....
True. But this sort of crap will appeal to the Mums who are the ones who spend most time in the family wagon - and they have a strong influence into where the family's dollars are spent regarding family transport.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #23
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Saw this ad tonight as well. It was a good ad by Ford; it made me smile and its a real step up. It was shown during a good time slot and during a high rating show (Masterchef).

Well done Ford!
Old 13-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #24
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
True. But this sort of crap will appeal to the Mums who are the ones who spend most time in the family wagon - and they have a strong influence into where the family's dollars are spent regarding family transport.
Agreed. But how many mums go visiting all their FB friends on a single tank? If mums were the target market of the add where is the info on seating configurations, 'car like' handling, the new touchscreen for navigation (and other technology like DVD player), Australian design and build input, 6 speed auto etc etc etc....

None of that is relevant to a buyer it seems...

Also, FB is not known / understood by everybody (sad to say)... how many potential buyers are left thinking WTF? after seeing that add?
Old 13-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #25
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Agreed. But how many mums go visiting all their FB friends on a single tank? If mums were the target market of the add where is the info on seating configurations, 'car like' handling, the new touchscreen for navigation (and other technology like DVD player), Australian design and build input, 6 speed auto etc etc etc....

Also, FB is not known / understood by everybody (sad to say)... how many potential buyers are left thinking WTF? after seeing that add?
Understand what your are saying, but what makes you think these same mums care about 6 speed quto, australian designed & car like handling??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #26
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Understand what your are saying, but what makes you think these same mums care about 6 speed quto, australian designed & car like handling??
I don't know to be honest. But with all the advances and benefits the new Tezza has they could have sold it a little better IMO.
Old 13-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #27
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

It was just a clever, up to date way of highlighting you can go upto 1000 km on a tank. Its the message thats most important, not how you get to that message.

I'm sure 99% of people know what facebook if, and if they don't, so what. The message they want to sell still gets across.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #28
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As Bossxr8 has stated, the single most commonly noted negative of the Terry has been economy. The diesel rectifies this and the ad is meant to change this perception in a "hip" way. Hopefully future ads can highlight some of the new features. I must add, took my wife into a Ford ealer today and (sadly for the G6ET) she said straight out "go on, order a Terry and that blue (Vanish) looks nice".
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #29
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is a great ad. Well done
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #30
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Am I the only bloke on AFF that thinks the Territory is an awful vehicle?
I see no point in owning a soft-roader and make no mistakes, thats exactly what the Territory is.

I hate seeing people carting their kids through suburbia in an excessively large "SUV", every single Territory I see is used for this purpose.
I hate them, they are ugly monstrosities.