Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Unhappy It's Just not right!!!!

My 17 year old daughter is 6 weeks pregnant, (this I can live with although I don't like it)
What is not right though is I'm gunna be a grandfather at age 38.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
seduced_xr
BF XR6

hope u kicked the guys *** !
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I'm sorry mate, I used protection.....

sorry. Just support her and all that jazz. Personally, I think that no-one that age should be having kids...BUT ya get that. She'll have a lot of growing up to do over the next 9 months.

So glad I've never knocked chicks up. I'd hate to have an irate father beating down my door.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

That was my greatest fear...being a grandmother before the age of 40...still could happen! Better not though!! I will kill my son.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNmEtAL GLi
hope u kicked the guys *** !

Nahh, I met him the other night seems a nice enough kid. It takes 2 to tango, and in case you did not do the math I was 19 when my daughter was born. I should add my daughter turns 18 in may.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #6
fmc351
let it burn

Relax Grandpa. Its not the end of the world, she just has to adapt to a new set of challenges.

Well, I suppose it is over for you now old man.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Well she made her bed, so she should lie in it.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
seduced_xr
BF XR6

ah ok so its not just some random guy... just if theyre 17 thats usually how its occured. but yer i agree with XR6_661. we had a talk at school way back in early year 10 with a chick who had had a kid at 17. she was a checkout chick with an old beater and a kid with no dad.. very sad. she was telling us about the negatives at all and the really big impact on your life. sad stuff. hopefully that doesnt happen to your daughter and best of luck to her.. and u grandpa
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Urgh would be my worse fear to....

Can't believe the amount of young girls pregnant around the place.. Not much you can do about it once its done.. Just hope the young fella supports her and doesn't run away.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #10
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have had a close call, even to the stage where it was almost a nightmare, until I worked out dat of conception was a week after I left...

Regardless, It isnt the end of the world, Have had a couple of mates having to pull their heads in and grow up to become a father. Kids having Kids seems wrong, but they always somehow manage, and do well too.

Congratulations mate, dont have too many sleepless nights now.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Well she made her bed, so she should lie in it.
she did. trouble is, so did someone else.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #12
Kryton

17 isnt too bad.
i knew a girl in Shep who got pregnant when she was 12 and had the kid when she was 13. the dad was 13 as well.
her "older" sister was pregnant at 15 as well.
for those in Shep, ill give you one guess as to which area near Wanganui Park Secondary they lived as well.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #13
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Nahh, I met him the other night seems a nice enough kid. It takes 2 to tango, and in case you did not do the math I was 19 when my daughter was born. I should add my daughter turns 18 in may.
Good on ya... It's NOT the worst thing that can happen by a LOOONNGG shot... Support support !! I have three boys the youngets is STILL at home 22 ...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #14
StookEB

There are alot of young people having children at young ages around this area.
I'm currently 21 and there are quite a few people from my school year (finished year 12 in 2004) and younger who have had kids. With this area being a small community I know many of them well, though I beleive most of them arnt in the right situation to have children.
Many of them are too immature to be in control of someones life due to the fact they dont realise even the smallest thing can effect the child. I beleive they have good intentions, its just that they dont have the money or the maturity.
All you need to do is be there for her and make sure your dahling grandchild gets the full attention it deserves. Being angry with the parents wont help anything. Though you already know this.

O and CONGRATULATIONS MATE!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #15
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it's not the end of the world... My wife's best friend had a kid at 16, 18, 25 and one due next week... She had to grow up quick, but she's a wonderful mother... Just don't expect the father to be a much of a Dad... Most 17-18 year old men turn into deadbeat Dad's in my experience these days... In saying that though, a good mate of mine and his missus got pregnant at 18, 4 years later they're married, own a house and have a gorgeous daughter...

Hope your daughter has an uneventful pregnancy, and congrats grandpa! :P
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #16
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I was pregnant at 16, married my husband at 18 and we have been together ever since. Was hard in the beginning but we got through it.

Like everyone said...it aint the end of the world and just think of the beautiful little baby that will be in your life soon. Best of luck Grandpa
Old 11-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #17
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

haha Grandpa

I will be the same as you I think , I have a daughter that lives with her mother and I dont see but on the weekends where she is out with older guys they are driving her around .

I was a young dad and all I can say is while your daughter is still with you at home start showing her everyday stuff she will need to know for when the baby is here , that was 1 thing that stuffed me up ..

I was a single dad with a 10 week old baby when the mother left.
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #18
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

gees ! some people had it tough 1 how ever iam plesed to say that iam 21 and still a virgin and iam proud to be a virgin as i dont really want kids this young, if i had kid it would be a later stage in life
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #19
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatsports_cars
gees ! some people had it tough 1 how ever iam plesed to say that iam 21 and still a virgin and iam proud to be a virgin as i dont really want kids this young, if i had kid it would be a later stage in life
You know you dont have to have kids from shtupping the girl next door right? You just have to be careful.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #20
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
17 isnt too bad.
i knew a girl in Shep who got pregnant when she was 12 and had the kid when she was 13. the dad was 13 as well.
her "older" sister was pregnant at 15 as well.
for those in Shep, ill give you one guess as to which area near Wanganui Park Secondary they lived as well.
Mate that's not a one off, I hear at least one of those stories each year, that's shepp for ya!
And I'll put my money on Olympic Av.?
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:10 PM   #21
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats mate. There sure is a fair few girls my age that are getting pregnant around me (not because of me!). A couple girls from the year above me at school, one and maybe two now from my year (I finished '06, i think).

The worst case is a chick at work who is a disaster (in so many ways), who has the maturity of a 12 year old (is 17 or 18 I think), and when she found out had a way of telling everyone at work though no-one wanted to hear it. From day one she started complaining about it interfering with her work and how it made it much harder even though she's only a month or so, yet there's an older lady at work who's 8 months pregnant and still kicking along. Grinds my gears!

Help her out as much as you can and be supportive. I had a scare with my ex (who I was with at the time) and her greatest fear was her parents not supporting her.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #22
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think that although this situation may or may not be ideal, hope that your daughter and the child's father are good parents, that the pregnancy is free of complication, and make sure your daughter is consuming folate.

Enjoy the miracle of childbirth.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #23
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
My 17 year old daughter is 6 weeks pregnant, (this I can live with although I don't like it)
Congratulations to your daughter! And to you also on your soon-to-be grandpa status

Is she being supported by the father of the baby?

I had my first child at 17. I'm now 35 and he'll be 18 in June and I wouldn't change any of it. It's great being a young (well, young'ish lol) mum with teenagers. Although trying at times lol.

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #24
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Crikey I became a Dad for the second time at 38...Look on the bright side you'll be able to go to your Grandchilds 21st without needing a walking stick
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #25
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Crikey I became a Dad for the second time at 38...Look on the bright side you'll be able to go to your Grandchilds 21st without needing a walking stick
Lol. Oh I shouldn't laugh but that's funny.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:20 PM   #26
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
No mate, i doubt you "chose" to stay a virgin...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #27
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

i deleted that one lol

Last edited by ieatsports_cars; 11-04-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #28
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Yaw it doesn't seem to have done you any harm being a young parent.
The 38 yo grandfather part is a reality check but, fortunately mine are way too young for it to happen to me.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #29
Kryton

Quote:
i deleted that one lol
maybe so, but you still posted it!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #30
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

opps i ment grandfather you should see that as a compliement lol ! sorry guys i just finished work and iam dead tired sorry for my mistakes