Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Wally
XP Coupe

Default I Blame All of You

because it couldn't be me he's talking about:

http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=817938

Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

We aren't racist. It's just not one person in Australia can say they actually like Telstra.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Have a read around on forums, talk to people, look at some of our policies, we are racist. But so are a lot of other countries.

BUT

What the hell has that got to do with his extremely poor performance as a CEO. Maybe if he paid more attention to doing his job as opposed to Australian immigration policies he may have made Telstra perform.
Old 26-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.. LOL
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEYBA
i'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.. LOL
Agreed
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Hmmm...Australians are renown for giving things innocuous names or using rhyming slang as descriptive metaphors or adjectives. From what I have observed it can be more of an affectionate label or specific descriptive intention. I have, and never will condone racism as a form of abuse, segregation or condescension. To me it is pointless, obscure and ridiculous.

From this standpoint: The Three Amigo's could be referring to any one of 3 persons in any form of managerial or executive positions - it is a label that is like an "in" label in the company. Not a racist inference but one that is a universal description of "the 3 bosses". Most everyone I know, knows the movie "The 3 Amigo's"...funny stuff...but is this person really that insecure that he thinks it is a racist jibe?

And as for Telstra...well; don't get me started otherwise the swear filter will be working overtime on that one. I think he just may have underestimated how much Australians hate Telstra in general.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i read that - thought what a douche..nicks off with 30m, after losing 40% of the company's worth in how long was it?
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
i read that - thought what a douche..nicks off with 30m, after losing 40% of the company's worth in how long was it?
Yeah, there's that too.

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 26-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He is just bitter - he failed as a CEO, did damage to Telstra and now is blaming everyone else - nothing really new

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am racist, but only in regards to when people are bad drivers. When somebody ****es me off, I'll go into a tirade of abuse, but they never hear a word of it.

Otherwise, I don't care about the colour of your skin or the angle of your eyes. Most of us are human beings and are equal.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #11
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

First response to the comments.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...0526-bld1.html
Old 26-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Well Sol you are officially the lowest form of humanity in existance. I wouldnt slow down if I saw him crossing the street.

Stuff the compnay up, fights the government tooth and nail on every little thing & annoys the shareholders, whilst pocketing 55 million. He wasnt even a succesful lowlife CEO.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #13
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
Well Sol you are officially the lowest form of humanity in existance. I wouldnt slow down if I saw him crossing the street.

Stuff the compnay up, fights the government tooth and nail on every little thing & annoys the shareholders, whilst pocketing 55 million. He wasnt even a succesful lowlife CEO.
I actually consider Christine Santic to be lower.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #14
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I dont usually agree with politicans but well said John Brumby

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
Scott

I laugh every time I think about Telstra's pathetic attempt at bidding the National Broadband tender - what a pack or morons. The submissions they made were more suitable to an arrogant/ignorant company going after a $20,000 job. Try and pull rank over the Govt and see how far it gets you - eh Sol?

With regard to racism, the fact is that different races/religions have different value systems - some I like, some I don't. If that's being racist, sign me up.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #16
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Telstra - the company that thinks it's bigger than the govt
Sol - the douche who thinks he's good even though he is quite possibly the biggest CEO failure in australia's history. Seriously, i think telstra would have done better to have no ceo.
Old 26-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #17
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He comes here to be CEO of Telstra, makes tens of millions, then buggers off back home and to take the spotlight of his crapola performance he says that we are racist.

That is all that this is, but I'm sure with all those dollars he will get over it pretty soon.

What there is no racism in the US or crap immigration policies there either? :

I call myself and my two best mates the three Amigos all the time, what a douchebag :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #18
rodderz

I cancelled all my telstra accounts 2 weeks ago on mobile and home phone, it was driving me mad.

How can the same mobile phone on 2 plans from different companies, cost over $100/month more with telstra? They have a bit better coverage in regional areas, but I dont see it as being over a $100 more per month for the service. They don't reward loyal customers that have been with them for over 10 years.

And how can a CEO be worth over $30 million a year, with an early leave. What has he done to deserve such a figure, he's made more of a mess than when he started
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #19
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
And how can a CEO be worth over $30 million a year, with an early leave. What has he done to deserve such a figure, he's made more of a mess than when he started
If I were a Telstra shareholder, I would take great delight in kicking his bum back to the US instead of taking a plane.

Nothing annoys me more when failed CEOs make millions of dollars while people lose jobs, companies sink and shareholders lose out.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #20
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

All I can say, Sol came to the party, told everyone of us that :
"it's going to happen like this and that, and there ain't nothing you can do about it, while we charge you for a bad service, no responsibilty and bad customer service".

So now, he has left Aus only to say we are backwards?

He also had the media scared.
Terry McCrann was scared, he said "Telstra will rule the world" in one of his recent editorials.
I emailed him back stating you are "In The Spin" of Telstra my friend.
He truely believed himself, that Telstra would rule.
He emailed me back stating to me "you are missing the point, Telstra will rule".
Pffft.

He not only has put Telstra "backwards", but he has totally stuffed the Australian telecommuncations system and the way of life for us Aussies.

Pffft, a Yank telling us Aussies how to run our telecommunication stuff. Pffft.

Says it all :
http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...4?OpenDocument

Definately sour grapes, tell him to come over here and say that.. Hehehe.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Sour grapes, he's just being a sook. I don't think we're racist, he's just looking for a distraction from his failings.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #22
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
How can the same mobile phone on 2 plans from different companies, cost over $100/month more with telstra? They have a bit better coverage in regional areas, but I dont see it as being over a $100 more per month for the service. They don't reward loyal customers that have been with them for over 10 years.
Telstra is still in business because there is a lot of the population who still believe that the ONLY phone company is Telstra......

A lot of the older people I mix with blindly pay Telstra every month, even when I explain that they can get an equal or better product at a much better price. (Especially with things like broadband...)

When I run the competition by them, they just say "Never heard of em, know nothing about them therefore they cannot be trusted..." :

The same people are also generally with the NRMA, have been for a decade or more, and have never once called the competition at the time of renewal for another quote...
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #23
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I'm switching from Telstra cause they take away my prepaid credit.
They make constant mistakes with my account.
I'll just lay a blanket blame on Sol as he lays blanket racism on all of us.
Old 26-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #24
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Telstra is still in business because there is a lot of the population who still believe that the ONLY phone company is Telstra....
True, but in some instances they are the only carrier available...hence my drama's and a bit of a monopoly on evil as far as I am concerned. Their apathy is staggering.

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
Old 26-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #25
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The similarities........
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #26
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe

The similarities........

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
Old 26-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #27
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Telstra is still in business because there is a lot of the population who still believe that the ONLY phone company is Telstra......

A lot of the older people I mix with blindly pay Telstra every month, even when I explain that they can get an equal or better product at a much better price. (Especially with things like broadband...)

When I run the competition by them, they just say "Never heard of em, know nothing about them therefore they cannot be trusted..." :

The same people are also generally with the NRMA, have been for a decade or more, and have never once called the competition at the time of renewal for another quote...
Exactly. I put up with telstra for years thinking that the extra coverage and price was worth it, the last 6 months each time I go into a shopping centre I debated whether to cancel my contract at the telstra shop and sign up elsewhere, but turned away with the fine print in the plans. (and laziness)

I signed up to Vodafone the other week, a new Nokia N96 costs me $79/month with $550 of calls, and all the same features of the telstra plan I was on. At Telstra, they wanted $110 or so for the plan with that phone, plus another $62/month for the phone. yeah right!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 01:19 AM   #28
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Hope old Sol can take criticism.....oh wait he cant.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/me...r.html?page=-1

Quote:
Mexican stand-off on Sol

* Farah Farouque
* May 27, 2009

SOL Trujillo has never showed fear of expressing his opinions. Now the recently departed Telstra chief is on the receiving end.

After branding the country he adopted for four years as racist, Mr Trujillo yesterday attracted a mixture of bewilderment and return fire.

Radio 3AW broadcaster Neil Mitchell, who delighted in calling Mr Trujillo a "Mexican bandit" during his Telstra tenure and launched into playing The Jarabe Tapatio (otherwise known as the Mexican Hat Dance) when his name cropped up, remained unrepentant.

"Look, it was a send-up, it was always a send-up," protested Mitchell, who defiantly played three versions of the tune and engaged in further "send-ups" and criticism of Mr Trujillo's tenure yesterday.

Indeed, although Mr Trujillo was holed up in San Diego, he was getting it from all directions over his interview with the BBC this week.

Sharpening his tongue, Mr Trujillo told the British broadcaster that doing business in Australia was like stepping back in time.

The American-born son of Mexican immigrants said "many Australians" had approached him to apologise for the way he had been caricatured.

The lack of sensitivity, he implied in the interview, went right up to Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, who bid him "adios" when he announced he was leaving Telstra.

One of his former business rivals launched a counter-attack yesterday, saying it was Mr Trujillo who had a propensity for racism.

Optus director of government and corporate affairs, Maha Krishnapillai, complained that his company, a subsidiary of Singapore Telecommunications, had "borne the brunt of a quite xenophobic campaign by Sol and others within Telstra" over four years.

"It is quite a remarkable attempt to reverse the onus of where his 'racist' comments are coming from," Mr Krishnapillai said.

Others seemed bewildered by Mr Trujillo's apparently hurt feelings. Alice Pung, the editor of the book Growing Up Asian in Australia, said she'd never encountered racism growing up in Braybrook. Ms Pung, who was born in Australia to Chinese-Cambodian migrant parents, distinguished racism, which had a "long-term adverse effect", from casual name-calling (of which she'd encountered plenty in the school yard).

"I don't understand," Ms Pung said of Mr Trujillo's claims. "He was in quite an eminent position, wasn't he? That would be the least likely place to encounter racism."

Moral philosopher Raimond Gaita was also somewhat taken aback. He said there was a big difference between "slightly irritating condescension" displayed by Anglo-Celtic Australians to people like his Romanian-born father in the 1950s, and the racist hatred and anti-Semitism that had riven Europe last century.

"Generally, I think Australia is a wonderfully tolerant society," said Professor Gaita, who holds dual chairs at the Australian Catholic University and London University.

Premier John Brumby was indignant, saying Mr Trujillo had a case of sour grapes. "He's an example, he came here from overseas and he had a great job, he was awarded that job, there was no discrimination or prejudice against him."

US-based Australian academic Simon Jackman said Australia was no more or less prejudiced than America. "Specific racial groupings still have a difficult time in Australia, but it's slowly changing," he said.

But Professor Jackman noted due to the power of the Latino lobby, not even the most red-neck American radio host would dare play the Mexican Hat Dance to make fun of an individual. "You just wouldn't go there," he said.

"And if Rupert Murdoch was somehow sent home from the USA, I don't know whether any leaders would say 'G'day', either."
Old 27-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #29
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's usually the people who migrate here, then expect everyone to bend over backwards to accommodate them, and then when they don't get their way, they play the "racism card" to unfairly push the blame onto others.
Sol did all he could to stifle competition, hold back Telecommunications in Australia to maximise profit, while at the same time alienating the public and landing Telstra in trouble for breaches of laws.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #30
Full Noise
Life begins at 40
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Hope old Sol can take criticism.....oh wait he can't.
Full Noise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post