Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Dustproof

Thumbs down Servicing - Rant

OK Boys and Gals,

My wife took my TDCi in for it's 30,000Km service to a Ford Dealer, cost was high because they had to flush the Brake Fluids and service the Air-conditioning - try $420.00. - Ouch!! OK better done now and get it over and done with - wrong

When the car got home; I check her over as everyone should. They said my tyres were worn - First Wrong Thing.

Second wrong thing is they said they rotated the tyres back to front - Wrong again!

Thirdly, the air box had not been removed. It was still dirty and no finger marks and it is the same with the Battery. This means the air-filter is still dirty and battery not checked.

Number 4 comes with the fact the engine cover had not been removed, the oil was poured into the engine with the engine cover intact and drips wiped off with a rag; not cleaned.

Number 5 is the fact the tyre pressures were not done, I pumped them up at the Servo.

This is the third time I had problems with Ford Dealers not servicing my cars properly. I will be going to a non ford service center in future unless warranty work has to be done - that goes for both the TDCi and new Fiesta I bought recently. After the warranty period has run out I will be doing it myself.

Rant over now - tell me your Ford Dealer problems

:

Old 21-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #2
819_FLY

Unfortunately Ford doesn't employ honest mechanics anymore..... I only deal with Ultra-Tune for my servicing purely for warranty then from then on I will only do servicing myself....

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #3
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Lets just say if you do a quick search you will discover you have the honor of holding the - Ford dealer servicing negative complaint #1,000,001

(Note: I am complainant #995,678 every time we take ours in this is what they attempt to do : )

Just so you know you don't have to get your car serviced at a dealer even if its under warranty as long as they are a licensed mechanic and perform a 'log book' service.
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
DragonMesh

wow i guess im one of the only people that have a great experience with my ford dealer... Wayne Phillis Ford Christies Beach Adelaide!

however one thing i didn't like was the fact they charged me for rotating and balancing my tyres, even though i had only just put the brand new rims on a week before the service! but hey it meant the rubber was nice and shiny again

But great friendly service and quick too!
DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
elgreko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustproof
OK Boys and Gals,

My wife took my TDCi in for it's 30,000Km service to a Ford Dealer, cost was high because they had to flush the Brake Fluids and service the Air-conditioning - try $420.00. - Ouch!! OK better done now and get it over and done with - wrong

When the car got home; I check her over as everyone should. They said my tyres were worn - First Wrong Thing.

Second wrong thing is they said they rotated the tyres back to front - Wrong again!

Thirdly, the air box had not been removed. It was still dirty and no finger marks and it is the same with the Battery. This means the air-filter is still dirty and battery not checked.

Number 4 comes with the fact the engine cover had not been removed, the oil was poured into the engine with the engine cover intact and drips wiped off with a rag; not cleaned.

Number 5 is the fact the tyre pressures were not done, I pumped them up at the Servo.

This is the third time I had problems with Ford Dealers not servicing my cars properly. I will be going to a non ford service center in future unless warranty work has to be done - that goes for both the TDCi and new Fiesta I bought recently. After the warranty period has run out I will be doing it myself.

:
Who was the dealer????
elgreko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Bakis
XR6ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreko
Who was the dealer????
I've only ever heard of 1 or 2 dealers that have a 'goodish' reputation, so prob wouldn't matter unless u've got a good story about the dealership lol.

Ford Services Avoid! lol

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Quote:
Who was the dealer????
Name and shame haha

Here's a thought - am I right in saying that Ultratune etc cannot do software / PCM updates?
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
Dustproof

Default Servicing

Quote:
Who was the dealer????
I can't say, the laws on Internet liable are pretty harsh even if what I say here is proved true in court. Maybe I have been watching too much News. :togo:

It just seems every time I go to another dealer they do the same thing, I will not be going back to a Ford Dealer for servicing. I know the Holden Dealer I was going to did a great job including washing the engine, maybe they will service my Ford. :
Old 21-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
Dustproof

Default Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord
Name and shame haha

Here's a thought - am I right in saying that Ultratune etc cannot do software / PCM updates?
I wouldn't think so, they need to buy some expensive equipment and then they are different for each brand. In saying that; would they service a TDCi. Maybe not, most mechanics/service centers don't understand Diesel Engines and won't touch them. :
Old 21-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cant say i can complain about ford dealers ( cause i dont use them!).

My BAXR6 threw an engine code a while back and cut out when i came up to the traffic lights. As most of us i was concerned so i went to the local ford dealer to enquire as to the likely cause. He kindly offered to hook up the Diagnostics tool for $95 and interpret the data for $60 per half hour with a minimum of 1 hour. So thats $215 to start.

NOw it was also due for service which he quoted $240 to do a basic oil change and filter. Total $455 and thats with out even fitting parts for the engine code.

Decided to call into Profix ( never used em before) to see what they could do. The guy took the time to listen and suggested a fresh tank of juice ( cause i hadn't driven the car much in the last year). Did and oil change and filter for $95 and suggested some other repairs to consider for next time. Even dropped the misses off to work. No more engine codes, all work done as quoted and on time. Overall excellent service.

Mmmmm left me with $360 to spend on the XE!
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
dave_vic_ozz

It is called fraud. Gaining property by deception.

I would ask for the total money back. If no luck, write Ford a letter and ask for the total service cost back again. This will go to the local area dealer manager. Hopefully it gets sorted.

It is really easy to do. The ACCC will help you a lot if you do this sort of thing first.

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.../itemId/815997

I added a couple of ideas but look at the original.

Template letter: requesting a refund

Your name
Your street
Your suburb state postcode
(Phone number and email if required)

Today's date

Contact person (Manager)
Business concerned
Business address

Dear Mr/Ms Manager

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM—REASON FOR WRITING

I had my car serviced at your dealership on date
I was charged for

Not done
Not required
Not done
Not required

Not required

I have requested a refund but I am dissatisfied as to your attitude and or denial of the issue. I have also lost trust in our relationship.

As this service clearly has not been done, I will be taking the car elsewhere to have the service repeated.

I expect a reply with refund in the mail and expect to hear from you by what date.

Be sure to enclose copies of any relevant documentation such as receipts or warranty certificates.

Finish your letter with a full list of possible contact addresses or phone numbers where you can be contacted, particularly during business hours, and reinforce that you expect to hear from the business.

Yours sincerely

Your name

Enclosed
dave_vic_ozz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
dcyl1973
Black Turbo Focus

Thumbs up

Wish I had that template to use when I was having issues with my local ford service agent.
I no longer use them cause I cant stand listening to the lies...
dcyl1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 01:57 AM   #13
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I buy a Mondeo, partly because of the low servicing costs. 20,000 km service, which is basically an oil and filter change and standard checks cost $270! And the oil (Magnatec 5W-30) and filter alone were half the total. Might shop around next time...

Also, Ford will not update the software unless it's either mandated by Ford, or you ask them.
Old 30-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #14
smally289
growing up is optional

Sounds like very bad workmanship dustproof!

One thing to remember though, its a dealership, and Ford do not own them or have any say in who they employ.
Its a franchise just like Maccas. If you got a crap burger from Macca in Darwin, would still go to one in Sydney?
I wouldn't be happy if I was you. Go back and talk to the service manager.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #15
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Ford is to servicing as McDonald's is to health food.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
sailaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
Also, Ford will not update the software unless it's either mandated by Ford, or you ask them.
My 2008 LX Update manual is due for it's 15,000klm service this month and was considering Ultra-Tune. ($188 V $310 at Ford dealer)

How can one find out if your car needs a software update?

Any other suggestions re this service gratefully accepted.

Thanks
2010 Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCi Diesel

Colour: Frozen White
sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
OK Boys and Gals,

:
I suggest you go front the principle with proof , you might be surprised , if that fails go direct to Ford and ignore the workshop manager as he is there simply for being to stupid to use a spanner , I had one of ours serviced at a dealer , got a call it needed tyres etc and wouldn't be released until done blah blah blah , took it on the flat be to an inspection site got that done and swore out a formal complaint directed at the principle for a refund ( I was not happy) so good luck and get a refund
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #18
elgreko

Default TDCI 15000 km service

Took my tdci for its 15000 km survice to the local ford dealer in Epping melb, was told that it would take about 2 hours to do the job, I told them that I had to wait for the car, as I had no transport. To my surprise 50 min later my car was done. $365!!! I was originally quoted $311 +VIP discount by another manager. After some discussion! the price went down to $307!!!!!!!!!
elgreko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #19
Windsor220
Now Fordless

The problem is the 30k services go to the apprentices or mechanics with not much ability. The good mechanics in the dealer are getting diagnosis jobs and warranty work.

This is why people have different experiences at certain dealers because it usually comes down to the individual who does the service.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #20
AustinA40
Tourer

Default Crook Dealers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the tea lady did your service in between pouring tea, I agree with you, only go to the dealer for Warranty Service.
Pay by Cheque and if not satisfied stop it and make them do it properly and then pay and give them the flick.

Last edited by AustinA40; 04-11-2009 at 11:48 AM.
AustinA40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #21
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stopping payment on a cheque unless there is a total failure ( ie they never did the service, as distinct from doing it poorly) of consideration on the other side is probably asking for trouble. They get to sue on the failure to honour the cheque and the poor service has nothing to do with the court case!
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #22
AustinA40
Tourer

Default Crap Service

Thank you marg99, I have learnt something today, I did not know the ins and outs of cheques.
AustinA40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #23
Harryin Ford
Starter Motor

Quote:
OK Boys and Gals,

:
Nobody knows your ford like we do....
Harryin Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #24
tezarity
Tezarity

Thomson Ford Parramatta...
Only ford dealer i've heard of with good reviews
tezarity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post