Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
YetiTDCi
Starter Motor

Default Belt reminder

I found this on another website, to disable the ANOYING 'ding ding ding' when you have the car running without putting the seat belt on (I am sure others like me will jump in the car, start it then put the seat belt then have to endure several of these 'dings' while fumbling around to plug the belt in)..

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
2. Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!
3. Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
4. Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
5. Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.
6. Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.
This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
8. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
9. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

Haven't tried it yet, has anyone else?

Cheers

YetiTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Geez, sounds like one of those cheat codes on the playstation, im not gonna bother.. im sure someone will tho.. goodluck
Old 12-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
casabonka
You can call me Chris

I almost want to give it a go, but jeesh it sounds like a lot of hard work!
Im not going to do this and find out I have changed the language to Chinese, like the good ol 'hidden games' on Nokia phones.

:P
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

I tried this several times on my LR with no luck.

This has been covered here several times as well as on focusfanatics.com and focushacks.com and i think the only real way to stop them is by disconnecting the speaker that makes the sound, which from memory is buried in the instrument cluster and is the same speaker that makes the blinkers clicky sound as well as every other warning chime.

We just have to live with it. At least it's not such a harsh 'ding' in my LV

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
819_FLY

Why not just drive with your seat belt on.....

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
YetiTDCi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819_FLY
Why not just drive with your seat belt on.....
Haha well I do, but is just habbit of 15 years of driving to get in the car, start it first, then belt up, get some tunes going on the radio, adjust seat/mirrors etc. This is the first 'nice' car Ive owned with such luxuries as little warning bells to remind me to be safe. Ive always owned old cars, some that were bought with out seat belts (old 60's cars).
YetiTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Yep, that will work on U.S. cars, but not ours. Has been tried many times on the LR focus
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I'm liking casa's theory.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

just tried it, no go on the tdci.. steps 6 and 7 does not happen, bugga!
Loris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
tezarity
Tezarity

No luck with a 06 ls lx
tezarity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post