Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up New Fiesta Ad. Better than Walking Fingers !!!

The new FIESTA ad is much better than the FG fingers walking ad. They must be using the same ad company as FREEVIEW tv? Same style of ad. Can they do one on the FG ????

Old 30-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
burnz
VFII SS UTE

the best ad i seen was on top gear (12X06) road test being chased by baddies in a vett,
driven off a beach landing craft with soldiers.
a serious clarkson style test in a positive way.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
Adsy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
They must be using the same ad company as FREEVIEW tv? Same style of ad. Can they do one on the FG ????
i'm pretty sure its based on the UK advert as the hot magenta isn't available over here.. it reminds me of the mazda ads from about 18months ago

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wife and my friends girlfriend just ordered one of these and the girl that works at the local dealer has her on order too. But the dealers give you the big run around trying to find them in the colour you want:p so who knows when it will be here. Might be waiting for the next big boat from Germany to arrive. The problem was my wife saw they add and said WOW I need that car, drove straight to Ford and ordered one in that "nail polish colour" and they replied well it's more of a wine colur and she goes yes ok whatever get me that colour. So they ordered it in Morello, upon more reading that night she discovered that the one of the add has little small writing on it that says colour not available in Australia, she muttered about that being bullsh*t and illegal and raved on for a while and a little heart attack since that's why she wanted the car but shes since decided she likes the Morello 2nd best anyway, so she's ok with it. And yes I think the topgear review will count for selling millions of them

Last edited by greenfoam; 03-02-2009 at 03:43 PM.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The colour is Hot Magenta and it's not available in Australia. Currently in the UK it's about double the price of the normal metallic paint, since it's a Pearlescent colour, much like on Focus XR5 Turbo. It seems Ford have decided not to bring it out here, but maybe enough demand might encourage them to change their minds.

The Fiesta TV ad is the exact same as in Europe, they've basically used the euro ad here. It debuted in europe a few months ago at least.

The Freeview ad is actually rumoured to be a ripoff of the Fiesta ad, since the Euro ad played first. Here's the controversy...http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...7-7582,00.html
Old 06-02-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well a update here I guess, my wifes been fighting off the tears since they told her she can't have the Morello she ordered. She's been looking at it on her laptop all week waiting for it admiring the two tone interior. Well she can have it but she will be waiting until June(ish) so she's trying to convince herself the only one they can get anytime soon (Silver) is close enough but I can tell despite the brave face shes not happy about it at all.

Ringing around today trying my best to find one somewhere, anywhere... just about all the Zetec's are sold out, I've rang heaps of dealers and the all tend to agree that a build date sometime in May are the next lot that will be comming to Australia. I also got told Red and Sea Grey are the only two (unpopular) colours you'll likely to be sure of getting before then.

It seems that the famous review from Top gear will be shown next week so I don't know how they are going to sell thousands of these next week when there's allready non left now. I've been hearing about girls that have driven from Melbourne to the border just to pick zetecs up from country dealers that had one left in the colour they wanted etc all day.

I was also talking to one guy about the Magenta and he said a few girls have come into the dealership and told him they will buy one today if he can get the Magenta. he said they all play funny buggers because they know it's not here. Anyway no doubt it will be a great car and the Silver is a little safer for the highway she will be driving on but it's still a pity they don't have more of them in the country at least from a sales point of view if not for getting the right colour for the girls, that's the most important thing for most of them after all
Old 06-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #7
tassie devil

tilfords in hobart taz have got a zetec demo in vision
tassie devil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dad is impressed by this little car and so am I, it looks much better all around then the older Fiesta and caradvice.com.au managed a 5L/100km on the highway out of one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I've been drving one for a couple of days now, they're incredible little cars!!!!! Real corker of an engine now they have 88kw with Variable Valve Timing. Got a Vision 3 door Zetec on order in July now!!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:26 AM   #10
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassie devil
tilfords in hobart taz have got a zetec demo in vision
She's been down at Ford perving on a moondust silver Focus tonight, she thinks she's going to be happyish with the Silver Zetec now :0. I'm not liking the chances of anyone getting any colour after next week for several months so it'll be ok looking forward to seeing if it can really run under 5l/100 out on the highways