Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
mickxrt
Starter Motor

Smile Mainlube is liquid gold

Hey guys. Just wanted to give a big shout out to steve and mainlube for fixing the issue with my tr6060 and also see what feedback others have on their other products.
I have 2014 manual fg xr6t with only 25k on the clock and have been getting the dreaded 3rd gear grind and crunch. I recently had a synchro, selector fork and a cone replaced under warranty and when i got it back, what do you know. Its still doing it. After doing a bit of research, i contacted steve from mainlube and after a very helpful phone call, i ordered flush and gearbox oil.
Had my mechanic put in 4.85 lt of mainlube after flushing twice as recommended by steve and its a night and day difference. Gear shifts are smoother and the annoying rollover noise is virtualy non existent. I thoroughly recommend the product to anyone with a t56/tr6060.
Yes it was a bit more expensive than some other products, but you get what you pay for and comes with a 100,000 km lifespan so the price is well justified in my opinion.
Also im wondering if anyone has used any of mainlubes other products? Would be interesting to know what others think of them..
Im happy with my car once again and can look forward to getting stuck into modding my car in the coming month
mickxrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
Sioso
irregular member

Default Re: Mainlube is liquid gold

I used Mainlube 154 in my 2002 Monaro gearbox - T56 about 9 or 10yrs ago and had the same result.
Had a ripshifter fitted as well and as soon as the Mainlube stuff went in the difference was night and day.
I highly recommend it.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
mickxrt
Starter Motor

Good to hear mate.
Its amazing how 1 product can totaly tranform how a car drives. I was not enjoying driving it at all over the past few thousand k's before it put mainlube in it. Now its like a new car again
This user likes this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #4
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickxrt View Post
Its amazing how 1 product can totaly tranform how a car drives. I was not enjoying driving it at all over the past few thousand k's before it put mainlube in it. Now its like a new car again
How is the gear change from first to second gear, especially when cold?
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
mickxrt
Starter Motor

Silver ghia i have been fortunate to have never had an issue going into 2nd before or after i used mainlube.
I guess im one of the lucky ones in that regard.
Seems to be a very common issue with the tr6060.
My main issue was going from 2nd to 3rd...
Old 21-09-2016, 02:51 PM   #6
mickxrt
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
How is the gear change from first to second gear, especially when cold?
i have been fortunate to have never had an issue going into 2nd before or after i used mainlube.
I guess im one of the lucky ones in that regard.
Seems to be a very common issue with the tr6060.
My main issue was going from 2nd to 3rd...
mickxrt is online now Report Post
This user likes this post: