Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Scum!!!

A Mates 05 WRX was just rear ended wile it was parked outside his house, He was on his balcony and watched it happen. the car promptly backed up and speed off, he thinks his car could be a write off from what he told me!!! Thou he's a vet not a panel beater, but from what he told me it's bad!

It was a P plate driver with a passenger but he only got half the rego and make of car, can the Cop's do anything with that Information?? he thinks it's a local car as he has seen it a few times before in his street.

I told him they probably busted there radiator in the impact and the car's probably close by. So he has gone for a drive in another car to see if he can find it.

hope he finds the Knob head who did it, he teaches aikido as a hobby so if they give him any lip it will get interesting real quick .

Old 26-09-2009, 05:16 AM   #2
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Keep your eyes opn for the car. If your make has often seen the car, it won't be hard to spot with a stoved in front end. Half a rego is better than none at all.

Get photos, make a police report, get witnesses. Mr P Plate will be in a world of hurt when his insurance finds out that he's getting charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Old 26-09-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogInASock
Mr P Plate will be in a world of hurt when his insurance finds out that he's getting charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but that won't make a scrap of difference to the insuarnce company, (unless Mr P plate deliberatly lies to his insurer if he does in fact have one, then they may have grounds to deny the claim) Regarless of a customers actions after or before an accident an insurer looks after it's client's liability. I know this for fact as I myself have had to pay claims on behalf of the company I work for where our client has been charged with road rage infringments.
Old 26-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Half rego is better than no rego. Police can still use half rego and the make of the car (NSW). Good luck.
Old 26-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Sorry to hijack the thread, but that won't make a scrap of difference to the insuarnce company, (unless Mr P plate deliberatly lies to his insurer if he does in fact have one, then they may have grounds to deny the claim) Regarless of a customers actions after or before an accident an insurer looks after it's client's liability. I know this for fact as I myself have had to pay claims on behalf of the company I work for where our client has been charged with road rage infringments.
100% spot on.
If your mate knows what type of car, colour etc as well as half the rego, it should be something the police would be able to easily find.
Sort of takes the challenge in the second episode of Top Gear from sweeping generalisations for comedic value to a documentary.
Hope your mate finds the fool.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 26-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
GTP 290

If the offending car did in fact bust the radiator he would've been leaking water. follow the drops before they dry up is what I would be doing. pull up at every corner/intersection to see which way they lead.
Old 26-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is very disheartening news, I would contact the insurer of the vehicle that was hit immediately give them a rundown and all infos, they may come to the party and fix the scooby then go on an asskicking/suing rage, you may be surprised by the insurance company.

God I hope the scooby was insured

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 26-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Your mate have any history with these said P platers? Seems a little odd for them to rear end your WRX and leave just like that.

then again, they are P Platers.
Old 26-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
TOM-CAT
F-14 TomCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6AUS
Your mate have any history with these said P platers? Seems a little odd for them to rear end your WRX and leave just like that.

then again, they are P Platers.
So you would just assume all Probationary drivers have no honor? thats a bit harsh...

Hope all goes well with the rex and it gets sorted.

Check your bible; it say’s - if thou is to fit forced induction via supercharging to a performance car, then it is right and good that this supercharger be heard.
Old 26-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #10
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A little off topic

I had an XB Fairmont written off which was parked in front of my house. It was hit at midnight the offending car left behind with the keys in the ignition and the driver bolted.

Cops got a phone call an from the owner of the offending vehicle two hours later saying their car was stolen. The cops asked why are the keys along with their house keys where in the ignition. The answer was the car was in the driveway ready to go somewhere but they forgot something went back in the hose and the car was gone.

It wasn't hard to work out their teenage son went for a joy ride in their parents car wrote off my car and bolted and his parents made up a story. Why have a car stolen from the driveway and wait 3 hours to call the cops?

In the end cops did nothing, I sold the car for scap and cops couldn't give a . Kind of sucked as I was 17 with no cash and lost my $5K 351 XB Fairmont and had to buy a 500 dollar Sigma.

I hope your mate has more luck than me.
Old 26-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
In the end cops did nothing, I sold the car for scap and cops couldn't give a . Kind of sucked as I was 17 with no cash and lost my $5K 351 XB Fairmont and had to buy a 500 dollar Sigma.

I hope your mate has more luck than me.
That is downright disgusting..... had you taken matters into your own hands however, you would be up faeces creek.

Hope the person gets done and the WRX gets repaired.

Same thing happened to me several years ago, damage to my first car, the persons names and addresses given, co-workers ready to give statements stating that the 2 people in question were snooping around the time it happened.

They didn't admit it was them, so that was my bad luck..... makes you sick.

I am not condoning DIY retribution for the record, as tempting as it sounds at times.
Old 26-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #12
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Quote:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but that won't make a scrap of difference to the insuarnce company...
I stand corrected. I had it in my mind that if the bloke was charged with leaving the scene then his future premiums might be raised, or insurance maybe harder to obtain.
Old 26-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This guys a tosspot, same thing happened to my sisters Holden Apollo new years eve 2008, car took off. Luckily they had paid less money for it than the market value and came out ahead. Alot of mucking around at that time of night, even made the news.
AZZA
Old 26-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #14
Thankfull
Banned

The Kid probably freaked out.....
Old 26-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
Kryton

Happened to the Lolly Pop Man (Crossing Guard) at the end of my street.
For some reason i got up from the computer to look out the window and seen the White Magna Wagon plough straight into the rear of his Excell.
The Magna backed out and sped off so i gave chase but couldnt find him due to me having to get keys, get in the car, reverse out and then go after him.
He was found 20 minutes later trying to rip the front bar form his car as it had caught up in the wheel arch and disabled his car.

Turned out he was drunk - which is why he hit the car in the first place and why he drove off.
The Lolly Pop Man got a pay out from his insurer (the Lolly Pop Man's insurer) as his car was written off and the other guy has to foot the bill out of his own pocket and pay it all back to the insurer that paid out.
Must be fun owing an Insurance agency a lot of money and have no choice but to pay it all back.
Old 27-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #16
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

when my parked car got hit we only had a partial rego, knew it was a white 4wd- with a ned kelly tyre cover, and we had a possible name (due to him being a regular at the pub it happened at) but nothing certain.
police were able to track him down and my car got fixed no worries.

hope it all gets sorted for ya mate, is the most hollow feeling when someone hits ya car then bails coz they're too gutless to own up.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
Old 27-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #17
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Bloody low lifes!, theres nothing worse than leaving the accident you have just casued! :
Old 27-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #18
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe they were wasted and didn't want to get busted for that. Hope they get caught and enjoy coughing up as it won't be cheap. It cost nearly $900 for just the rear bumper skin and paint for my WRX.
Closed Thread