Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
nichyse
Starter Motor

Default Picking Up New Focus This Weekend!

Hi All,

Although I haven't posted yet I have been monitoring these threads for the great information that can be found here for quite a while now.

I have ordered a 2012 build Ford Focus Sports Hatch TDCi in Moondust Silver and I am picking up the car on the weekend. Really looking forward to it after taking one for a test drive a few weeks ago.
I am upgrading from a 2003 Toyota Avalon which is quite heavy on fuel, so the Focus should be good for filling less frequently.

I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. Do I need the integrated ipod cable to make my iphone 3gs work with the Sony stereo system?
2. Is there anywhere that I can find further information about the sound system that comes in this car?
3. Any recommendations for Window tinting in the South West Sydney area?

Thanks for your help in advance.

nichyse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
totallysour
Starter Motor

Default Re: Picking Up New Focus This Weekend!

Congrats on the focus . I've been driving my Petrol Sport for two months now and still get excited every time I get in the car.

1. Any old iPod cable will do provided you have updated your iphone software. I know that it works perfectly with the iPhone 4 and 4S. Haven't tried with a 3GS but imagine it will be fine with the normal cable. You must control your iphone through the sound system if it is plugged in through AUX-IN.

I prefer to play via bluetooth but each to their own of course .
totallysour is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
boss-man

I drive the sport petrol as well and love every moment of it....

I prefer Bluetooth no need for cables just get in the car and it's good to go!
Old 21-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
nichyse
Starter Motor

It's great to hear that you are both really enjoying the drive. It makes me feel like I made the right decision.
If you connect via bluetooth can you only control your phone via the actual phone itself or can you still use voice control or the stereo buttons?
Old 21-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

should all be done via in car controls. good choice. I test drove one last year, nice ride, waiting for st though
Old 21-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
boss-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichyse
If you connect via bluetooth can you only control your phone via the actual phone itself or can you still use voice control or the stereo buttons?
Mmm good question haven't tried it with the voice control on Bluetooth... I'll see tonight I'm sure it should still work through voice control though!
Old 21-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
irs

Quote:
It's great to hear that you are both really enjoying the drive. It makes me feel like I made the right decision.
Can control the phone via voice control OK when connected via bluetooth.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
boss-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by irs
Can control the phone via voice control OK when connected via bluetooth.
Awesome will give it a go tonight!
Old 21-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Congrats on the purchace mate!

Firstly, the Voice Control feature on your iPhone 3GS will work with the Sony Audio System. So by asking the iPhone to ‘Dial Person A’ it’ll sound through the speakers then connect you to your call. The same if you use your iPhone Voice Control to ask to play some music.

When streaming audio through the Sony Audio System via Bluetooth, you can change tracks through the cars steering wheel and audio controls, so skipping tracks, volume. The display will also let you know the artist name and song name, providing your have iOS 5.0 or above on your iPhone. Of course, you can always buy the special iPod chord through for (cost me $55) and plug your iPhone or iPod in and listen to music that way. In my Fiesta, you need the special three-plug chord, though I haven’t tried it with a Focus. Let us know how you go, and good luck!
Old 21-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
Foconatic

Quote:
2. Is there anywhere that I can find further information about the sound system that comes in this car?
Haven't seen anything on the web or on this forum.The owners manual is not too user friendly either. I had to figure out a few things myself. I accidentally changed the language setting to Arabic and had a tough time getting it back to English.

Enjoy the excitement of waiting,it'll be worth it
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
Nolz

focusfanatics has a fair bit of info and I used to frequent the forum a lot to get info on random things. Although their headunit options seem to vary from ours a fair bit.

What were you hoping to find out about the stereo in particular?

ps congrats! I've had mine since Nov and am still totally wrapped with what it's got to offer. Car seems to respond REAL well to a speaker/amp/sub upgrade, if thats what you're wondering.
Nolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
nichyse
Starter Motor

Yeah well I thought by finding some information on the sound system such as the model #, speaker sizes and reviews of the sound system etc. it might be good to know in case I want to add a sub or change the speakers out.
What is everyone's opinion of the stock sound system that comes with the sport? Good, bad??
Old 22-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
Foconatic

Quote:
Yeah well I thought by finding some information on the sound system such as the model #, speaker sizes and reviews of the sound system etc. it might be good to know in case I want to add a sub or change the speakers out.
What is everyone's opinion of the stock sound system that comes with the sport? Good, bad??
This little experiment looks interesting: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...=259887&page=4

But keep in mind this is an American Focus.
Old 22-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
Nolz

I would say the stock system for the sport is quite respectable for a STOCK system, but ultimately that is all it is. If you're like me it probably won't take long before you start hunting around for aftermarket options.

I've had my doors dynamatted, replaced my speakers amped them up and included a processor, and have added a sub too. It's made an enourmous difference and even the installer was quite impressed with how well it all came together. It seems to be a good base for upgrades.

Last edited by Nolz; 22-03-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 22-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #15
Foconatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolz
I would say the stock system for the sport is quite respectable for a STOCK system, but ultimately that is all it is. If you're like me it probably won't take long before you start hunting around for aftermarket options.

I've had my doors dynamatted, replaced my speakers amped them up and included a processor, and have added a sub too. It's made an enourmous difference and even the installer was quite impressed with how well it all came together. It seems to be a good base for upgrades.
Any pic's?
Old 23-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #16
Nolz

The idea is that it looks stock. So unless you have a peak in the boot you'll find NO signs of a system at all Which really means I don't have much to show you unfortunately :(
Old 16-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #17
Executer

Good stuff mate. Im picking up my titanium turbo diesel on wednesday. Im curious about this chip also. http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chip...CI-4308-r.html
Executer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post