Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Focus Finally Fixed!

Well as some of you would know we were having a few issues with our new LS Focus.

It spent the last day at the dealers and we just got it home now, what can i say... this car has changed drematicaly since they fixed the suspension issue which was causing a noise every time youd go over bumps/giving you that feeling the body was twisting.

They also ordered a new door rubber to fix the rear left wind noise issue...

All i can say is I would happily buy another Focus now!

Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
losfp

Nice one SW, good to hear.

It's a shame that the quality control is so... variable. I haven't had a problem with our LX Hatch, but some of the stories on here are enough to put you off!!
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #3
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Make that two finally fixed - on their second attempt they've now fixed the boot alignment on my LS LX.

So now that they've done what should have been done before delivery, happiness abounds.

I had a call from Ford a fortnight ago asking if I were happy; told them I loved the car but the dealer service was less than impressive. Maybe it's coincidence, but after that things improved.

Now to get on with just enjoying the pleasures of driving.
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #4
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Must be all the maruijana that they are smoking in South Africa thats causing these problems.
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 12:29 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Dunno, but half the suspension components were loose under ours, pretty sad really, had me worried to start with, thanks to my dealer its all good, now ill stop paying out mummies car!
Old 13-10-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Bout friggin time you started to enjoy that thing Brent!!!
Old 13-10-2005, 02:11 PM   #7
owens

I've got mine in at the dealer today for the 3000km service and I mentioned the creaking noise... perhaps it's the same as what you had. When going up a driveway bump, even going around a round-a-bout the car creaks. Sounds like it's creaking in the body though, but it's pretty bad. Hopefully they'll check it out.

If they can't fix it, what did they actually do to yours so I can tell them? Just tighten up the suspension things?

Glad you're enjoying your car though
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #8
owens

The car came back like new today. Squeaks and creaks were gone, popping in the seat was also gone, and they even washed it for me. I'm a happy camper!
Old 13-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #9
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to hear the faults are getting fixed.

It's just a pity they had any to start with... : Any chance we'll start getting our Focuses from Europe like NZ is supposed to be?
Old 14-10-2005, 06:15 AM   #10
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeost24
Good to hear the faults are getting fixed.

It's just a pity they had any to start with... : Any chance we'll start getting our Focuses from Europe like NZ is supposed to be?
Not likely, the reason NZ is getting the Euro built Focus is so AUS can have more of the African built ones :hihi:

Last edited by MAGPIE; 14-10-2005 at 09:31 AM.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by owens
The car came back like new today. Squeaks and creaks were gone, popping in the seat was also gone, and they even washed it for me. I'm a happy camper!
Its exactly the same problems, lets hope the creaks etc dont come back! Is yours a sedan or hatch?

Ours is also getting a new rear door rubber due to a wind noise coming from that side of the car.
Old 19-10-2005, 10:51 AM   #12
owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Its exactly the same problems, lets hope the creaks etc dont come back! Is yours a sedan or hatch?

Ours is also getting a new rear door rubber due to a wind noise coming from that side of the car.
I'm getting the wind noise as well. Let me know how you go on with the rubber and whether it makes a difference. Mine seems to come from both rear doors.

Mine is a sedan, one of the creaks is coming back slightly but no where near as bad as it was.

Look forward to seeing how you go with the new door rubber.

Cheers,
Owen.
Old 18-10-2005, 11:40 PM   #13
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Quote:

Can you please let us know how you get on with the new door rubber - my LS also has some LHS rear wind noise, although it's not dramatic (at 120 km/h + it sounds like one of the windows is very slightly ajar). Lots of TE-TJ Magnas have that, so I was wondering if it can be cured.
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 02:06 PM   #14
WASP
Whipple Induced

Great News Brent! Finally your Mum and you will be able to enjoy and appreciate the new Focus for what it is...a beautifully designed and engineered car that's been assembled by a bunch of druggies...lol

It appears mine was just a lucky one that got thru.:monkes:

Quote:
Well as some of you would know we were having a few issues with our new LS Focus.

It spent the last day at the dealers and we just got it home now, what can i say... this car has changed drematicaly since they fixed the suspension issue which was causing a noise every time youd go over bumps/giving you that feeling the body was twisting.

All i can say is I would happily buy another Focus now!