Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Saikolemon
Starter Motor

Default Removing gearknob from gaiter

Hi, does anyone out there have any idea how to fit an aftermarket gear knob on a Fiesta WS/WT? I've tried, but the knob doesn't seem to come off on its own like in other vehicles. Instead, it's attached to the gaiter by a plastic ring that has me flummoxed.

I don't want to damage the ring as getting hold of a new one would be impossible me thinks.

Many thanks
Sam

Saikolemon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default Re: Removing gearknob from gaiter

You have to look up the inside of the gaiter and turn it inside out and you will find a clip that goes around. flat blade screwdriver and some picking will get it off. Then do the reverse to put on a new one. What knob have you got? I only changed my gaiter...

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
Saikolemon
Starter Motor

Default Re: Removing gearknob from gaiter

http://sickspeed.com/pages/5s10X1p25nOC.html

It's the last one at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately, after looking at it, there seems to be no way to clip the gaiter back to the new knob as there is no locking tab.
Saikolemon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post