Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-06-2006, 01:33 AM   #31
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

From memory, the fittings are 5/8".
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 01:42 AM   #32
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default Sale

SUPER CHEAP have tranny coolers on sale from Saturday for a week 25% off! In QLD anyway! :
Old 28-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #33
Rosscoe
AU/BA

Thanks JC, will measure the pipes before I buy one just to double check.
Cheers Rosscoe
Rosscoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #34
Rosscoe
AU/BA

Has anybody used the Hydra-Cool units from Davies Craig, or know what there like?
Cheers Rosscoe
Old 28-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #35
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just came across this on ebay, and was interested since it was mentioned that Ford don't sell these?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-TRANSMIS...QQcmdZViewItem
Part # EC 7A095 A
Is this going to be easier to fit or better in any way than the aftermarket ones?
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #36
Rosscoe
AU/BA

I saw that one to, seems like a rather odd part number, thought they were a stack of numbers!, could be wrong though.
Cheers Rosscoe
Old 28-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #37
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
Just came across this on ebay, and was interested since it was mentioned that Ford don't sell these?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-TRANSMIS...QQcmdZViewItem
Part # EC 7A095 A
Is this going to be easier to fit or better in any way than the aftermarket ones?
It's a trans cooler for EA to ED falcons.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #38
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Are these actually an easy fit, I'd like to do it myself, is everything in the kit you need to fit?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #39
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

He he, I'm not normally one to rehash old threads, but I'm only finally getting around to doing this now!

I'm just about to purchase a cooler,and have found a PWR kit that claims to be a direct fit kit with all the right fittings etc for the AU - it is 280mm x 280mm. The price is $160. Does this price sound about right?

I will be bypassing the radiator and will attempt doing it myself, I'll post up some feedback when done, no doubt it'll include alot of swearing and grazed knuckles!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #40
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
He he, I'm not normally one to rehash old threads, but I'm only finally getting around to doing this now!

I'm just about to purchase a cooler,and have found a PWR kit that claims to be a direct fit kit with all the right fittings etc for the AU - it is 280mm x 280mm. The price is $160. Does this price sound about right?

I will be bypassing the radiator and will attempt doing it myself, I'll post up some feedback when done, no doubt it'll include alot of swearing and grazed knuckles!
There were two threads running concurrently with different information before I bought mine. (both with differing opinions). I finally bought a PWR V8 cooler for my I6 from Supercheap who had 25% off. It cost $85 a few months back $160 sounds too high . Shop around & try ebay. Make sure you choose an aluminium unit over a copper one. Good hunting.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #41
Syncro

Rosscoe I just had a look on my ex cab AU. Its got the big cooler with 3/8 lines.
Syncro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 11:35 PM   #42
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What would someone charge to fit this ????
Old 13-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #43
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Hey guys just wanted to let you's know i was reading this thread and some have said that ford put bigger trans coolers in there xr8's std, and it is true but what no one has said is that the bigger trans cooler that ford was talking about is the one inside the radiator, i changed my xr8's rad and i opened the old tank and have found that its bigger then the std 6cyl one. LOL thats what ford calls a big trans cooler.

Shaun.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 12:37 AM   #44
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Well, being the lazy bastard that I am, I only finally got around to doing this on the weekend.

Ended up getting the V8 PWR universal kit (I think it's the same one that JC mentioned) from Supercheap Auto. Was only $90 and was relatively easy to fit, even for someone like me!

Took me roughly 2 hours in the driveway in the dark with a couple of lights above me!

As a rough guide for people, it was easiest to remove the grille, snorkel, battery clamp and thermo fans.

I started off by fitting the new hose to the lines and then zip tied the cooler to the condensor and radiator at the end. It was only once I'd mounted the cooler that I'd decided to remove the thermo's so I could do up the zip ties.

Removing the thermos was incredibly easy with only 2 small bolts and undoing the wiring plug. After doing so, I realised that I really should have done this right at the start, as it would have given me sooooo much more room to work with, instead of spending ages under the car undoing the bottom line, and grazing the crap out of my hands!

Anyhow, all in all it was fairly easy, and I'll be giving it a try on my other car next.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #45
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are they all that hard to install yourself? I have been thinking of buying one for a while and when i get the stall converter i will need one.

Would the PWR unit be big enough still for a stally or would i need to go bigger?

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #46
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-au
Are they all that hard to install yourself? I have been thinking of buying one for a while and when i get the stall converter i will need one.

Would the PWR unit be big enough still for a stally or would i need to go bigger?
I have very limited skills (that's putting it nicely, trust me!) and I managed to get it done. There are instructions and they are pretty clear as well.

As for whether the one I got would be big enough for a hi stall, I'm not sure, sorry!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #47
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers mate. I enjoy fitting thing to the car so im glad its a do it yourself thing :1syellow1

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #48
JoesAu

its a ***** trying to mount it. Ideally would be great if u had another person to help hold it. to put mine in, i took off the black plastic splash guard underneath the front bar cos the one i have is big.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #49
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Actually, yeah I did remove that splash guard, but after removing the thermos at the end, I realised (in my case anyway) I didn't really need to take the splash guard out if I had taken the thermos out at the start.

Couple of days on and no leaks or anything - that's a big deal for me!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #50
JoesAu

yeah i took my thermos out to, piece of cake after that
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #51
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I mounted mine yesterday on my XR AUII, removed the lower palstic shield that is screwed under the bumper and repositioned one of the horns and slotted in the cooler with a minimum of fuss. A PWR unit the same as the one pictured by Mechan1k.
cheers
Bill.