Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Default front seat belt too high

Hi,
does anyone know of a way to make passenger seat belt lower, as my wife is to short for the factory setting and the seat belt is not in the proper position across her body- potentially dangerous situation.
In other cars it can be easily done just by moving the seat belt locker up or down.
Thanks

alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
Holbrookau
OPT 20

Unless there are other mounting points further down the pillar (unlikely) the only way would be to have some fitted. This, I imagine, would entail engineering and ADR approval.
Perhaps the seat could be raised? Possibly fitting a drivers side seat bottom (with the height adjusters on it) may get her up a little higher.
Polished Wheel Nuts
Holbrookau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

The fairlane's are height adjustable, I would look into finding the mechanisims and cover from a wrecker, and swapping it over with the falcon one.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
The fairlane's are height adjustable, I would look into finding the mechanisims and cover from a wrecker, and swapping it over with the falcon one.
do fairlane passenger seats have height adjustment or just the drivers seat?
Old 19-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

lol, I had to go out and check... i've only had the car a week! :P

Both the passenger and driver has height adjustable seatbelts.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 07:53 PM   #6
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Default I found something...

I found something in BigW for ~$27, it's a kind of seatbelt glove designed for kids. It is fixed on the "loose" end of the belt and holds the junction so the belt is situated properly across the body.
Anybody tried it?
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post