Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #31
janek
Ripping it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwelder
last week I connected one of my downpipes to a plastic 44 (205 ltr) drum next to my driveway.On friday arvo it filled about 250mm and its getting more right now,simple setup and cheap,I throw the suction hose from my karcher in the top and away I go,those presure washers use FA water,so the bride uses the tank for her small garden aswell,just a suggestion,but well worth a try
I do a similar thing, but i use my boat

Whenever i go carlovers, i leave the bungs in and collect the water i use to clean the boat, and water the garden when i get home. Conversely, when i use the hose to flush out the motor at home, i use that on the garden too...

The biggest problem i find with collecting rainwater is keeping it clean and not stinky :S
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #32
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm lucky enough to be in an area where water isnt a real concern as it rains every 2nd day. But as a though, why don't you park your car on your lawn and wash it durring dessignated watering times, if the water police come along just say your watering your lawn and the car is a garden feature.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

There are no more designated watering times for lawns.
Not to mention that Bracks has now worked out there is money to be made with water restriction fines.... hence the reason stage 4 will be starting in mid April.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #34
janek
Ripping it up

or if you really want to stick it and not bother, lock your car in the garage and wash it in there. there are no hoses to be used OUTDOORS

Get em on a technicality
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #35
angryboy

I guess were lucky here in WA coz weve had the two day watering restrictions for about four years but nothing about washing cars. Also you can hand water at any time of the day here so when i wash the cars on the lawn i give the lawn a squirt too, even though its like a desert haha. Noone can get me for wasting water, our real estate agent told me to start watering the lawn coz we werent using enough water?????we dont pay for water in our rental
Old 02-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #36
congo3sr

Me again,heres a tip for young players,
If you buy an extention hose for the grey water from the washing machine,like I did,
and you connect it to the machines disharge hose,like I did
dont lay the hose straight down on the floor like I did
because as your machine is filling the water is running straight out the the outlet,like mine did,
Best to leave your machines waste pipe at at an elevated level no higher than it would normally be ,then run your extention from there.
All hail the DH
congo3sr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #37
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwelder
Me again,heres a tip for young players,
If you buy an extention hose for the grey water from the washing machine,like I did,
and you connect it to the machines disharge hose,like I did
dont lay the hose straight down on the floor like I did
because as your machine is filling the water is running straight out the the outlet,like mine did,
Best to leave your machines waste pipe at at an elevated level no higher than it would normally be ,then run your extention from there.
All hail the DH
I do the same if we have not had any rain for more than a week & the lawn it looking dead. I haven't had to do this yet this year!
Old 02-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #38
HLC
Audi S3

i still use the hose. im a bad boy. :
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #39
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
I do the same if we have not had any rain for more than a week & the lawn it looking dead. I haven't had to do this yet this year!
Yeah right, rub it in, it p*ssed down this morning to delay the start of the 5th test.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 AM   #40
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

The more lawns & gardens dry out the more dust there is in the air. Cars will need washing more often.

Need to look into it but does it not say "no washing your car with a hose but you can with a bucket" (stage 3 S.A)
Rinsing your car with a bucket would use 10 times more water.
I should have asked santa for a karcher. :(
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post