Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Default Personal Loans

Does anyone know where to get a personal loan at good rates? What criteria do they have? Do you need to have some sort of collateral in case of default of the loan? How does it woork. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Joel

sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
ForgInASock
Starter Motor

Fair assumption that you are after a loan for a car. This IS Ford Forums.

For a bank or similar, you need a job. Take a few pay dockets with you, not just one. You need 100 points of ID. Most banks or similar like you to open an account with them rather than just have a loan. For a car or bike, the bank will take a Bill Of Sale on the vehicle, meaning if you default on the loan (don't pay), they can legally take the car/bike away. Along with your credit rating. If you want to pay the loan in, say, 3 years, take it out over 5 years. You can still pay in 3 with no penalties, but you have the option to lessen your payments if times get tough. Bank will explain.

Best bet is to talk to a bank. AVOID Credit Agencies (GE Money and their associates) like the plague! They are not worth the extra hassle, nor the extra interest you pay.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Fancy you should ask. I went today to get a farily large (for me) amount so I can pay off my car completely, a couple of grand of music equipment, a holiday and another small 4 cyl. They were all frothing to give me the money, so I went with the one that suited me. I find out on Monday if I get the loan. Im only 21 by the way.

The differences were:
Commonwealth: $135 establishment, 11.2, 13.2 or 15.2% depending on loan amount, your credit checks, etc.
$135 extra if you pay it out in the first two years ($15000), $7 a month account fees, and you can redraw on extra payments you have made, if you go the variable rate.

Bank of Queensland: $150 establishment 11.49%, $5 a month account fees, and a $150 fee if you close within a year. No redraw. Interest is not fixed.

Suncorp: $175 establishment, 12.55%, wasnt told account fees, used to be $4.50, a $300 fee for cancelling within one year, no redraw, interest not fixed.

They all asked for 100 points ID, three most recent payslips and all other payment slips for any other debts, plus three last bank statements of your savings account.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
BlackBa

Read my lips trendsetters, PLENTY CO OP is the best you can get.
BlackBa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #5
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never needed one, don't believe in them.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

RACV has 9% interest loans. Dunno about fees and charges etc. Check out their web site for all the info.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

is this for your blower kit ??

Go With RACV , Thats who im with ...

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
Kryton

most banks like to see that you can save for a start.
each commercial entity has their own criterior of credit. you can PM me for further info/example if you like but i wont get into it here, its too long.
do some research, ring and ask. explain about you, your financials and credit history. ask them what they could do for you if you decided to go with them. they wont tell you straight up what % rate, but ask a ball park figure according to your circumstances.
ask for all fees etc. if you go further than the initial contact, you will have a credit check and this will be place on your credit file as an application of credit. the more of these you have the harder it is and the higher the interest rate you will get.
spend the money, buy your credit file and see what it looks like. you will be surprised. your interest rate WILL depend on this + the money you earn, what you do, where you live/have lived, savings you have, etc.
dont lock yourself in till you are fully aware of everything that you are doing.
ask the hard questions, put the pressure on and dont just take the first company that says YES.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:49 AM   #9
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

The easiest way to get a loan from a bank is prove you dont need one.........
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 01:01 AM   #10
STK-XR8

click below tell joe that den (thats me) put you on too him
he will lead you to the best loan lender that suits your needs

den
STK-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 02:18 AM   #11
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Generally a computer will "pre approve" your application, then someone will go over it.
If you meet the computers criteria all should go well.
Go to a bank website and have a play around with their loan calculators (some on www.commbank.com.au for personal loans) Enter your income & outgoings and it will say "you MAY be able to borrow up to $x,xxx"
Borrow just under what it says you can and you should be fine.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 02:26 AM   #12
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgInASock
Fair assumption that you are after a loan for a car. This IS Ford Forums.
If you want to pay the loan in, say, 3 years, take it out over 5 years. You can still pay in 3 with no penalties, but you have the option to lessen your payments if times get tough. Bank will explain.

Best bet is to talk to a bank. AVOID Credit Agencies (GE Money and their associates) like the plague! They are not worth the extra hassle, nor the extra interest you pay.
Good advise taking it over a longer period and pay it off earlier (gives you a good rating) we've always done that at our local Credit Union , a few months ago we needed a small loan , phoned them up & they said "come in tomorrow to sign the papers" , the money was in our account that afternoon .

Once you have dealt with a financial instiution , try and stick with them , they'll have you on record and makes it a lot easier for following loans if needed .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post