Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
FRD6RL
Go Frosty!

Default Hot Air on feet when cold air for cabin is selected

Hi Everyone, :

When I have the temperature dial turned to cold and have the fan on with the air directed on to the face, I am getting hot air onto my feet. This happens whether the air con is on or not. It only seems to happen when the air is directed onto the face and the temperature dial is on cold! :

Just wanting to know if anyone has the same problem I have or knows what's causing it.

Cheers. Nic :newangel:

:newangel: Mine:
06 WQ Fiesta Zetec
Sea Grey Duco
17" ST Wheels. Pirelli P-Zero-Nero Tyres. Leather ST Interior. Spoiler. Scuff Plates.

:evilking: His:
00 AU2 Falcon XR8
Liquid Silver Duco.
Bodykit. Bi-Plane Spoiler. Manual. 17" XR Wheels. Hankook K104 Tyres. Leather Interior.

P.S I LOVE Smilies :
FRD6RL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
BFgoldwagon
Starter Motor

I had a problem on my EL falcon, at about 140,000km's, where the valve that controls the water through the cabin heater wasn't shutting off fully. Common fault they said, I learnt they wear & fail to fully seal when the a/con is selected to cold, and basically the heater is partially/fully on all the time. Part was only about $40 & didn't take more than 30mins to replace.
I hope your problem is as simple as mine was, although the symptoms I had weren't quite the same.
BFgoldwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Just confirming that it is a normal thing (well in my car at least!). The effect is less obvious when you turn the dial to face only, and all the way to cold but some hot air does still go near the feet, particularly at higher speeds. Although it's nothing dramatic, I find that when I have the dial in the cool (blue) region, but not all the way to cold, more hot air comes at the feet, but the top vents seem to have the same amount of coldness.