Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #31
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Yeah just the way Toyota talked about it before its release I thought it would have been a major force. Instead it just dived the camry sales neatly in 2. As for the 380, I think we can safely say its dead.
A Majority of them are rental sales, hell thats alot of Toyota's sales for that matter. They offer massive deals for rental companies, which Ford and Holden are not willing to match. Toyota will simply do it to get sales, regardless of the fact they are making sweet FA.
You'll be seeing alot more rental 2wd Klugers now too(replacing Territorys)
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #32
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well Ford are really turning customers away with their lack of service.
I am lucky I only have to wait ~3.5 months for my XR5T, The usual wait is ~6 months.
As for the Mondeo, no I don't think it is a supply issue, there are 4 or so mondeos at Coffee ford just sitting there, the same ones have been there for 2 weeks.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #33
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Nah

I still reckon MONDEO will not sell well here in AU. That buyer demographic is entrenched with the MAZDA 6 brigade and with the new M6 coming soon........bye bye MONDEO. Great selling car in Europe but may well be a lemon here in AU.
I tend to agree the Mazda 6, Camary and Hondas have that mid size sales over other makes the Mondeo will struggle against them. It might sell well over in Europe but we are more in the Asian region for our small and medium cars as the Lancer is selling well and its not long been released.
When the new Ford Falcon replacement arrives Ford should pick up sales.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 02:05 AM   #34
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with image, and I think advertising could be better.

As mentioned, the Barina is a name that a lot of people know and it sells ok, despite that fact that it is a piece of borry.

Most people still call Ford's hatch the "Festiva". Ford should put Fiesta advertisements in whatever magazines 17 year old girls read so that when they do get their wheels, it isn't in a PoS Barina with a 2 star safety rating.

The only Ford advertisement I have liked is the XR8 ute with Mr Frothy.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #35
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
Well Ford are really turning customers away with their lack of service.
I am lucky I only have to wait ~3.5 months for my XR5T, The usual wait is ~6 months.
As for the Mondeo, no I don't think it is a supply issue, there are 4 or so mondeos at Coffee ford just sitting there, the same ones have been there for 2 weeks.
I don't think this service thing is uniform across all dealers as I cannot fault my experience over several years of Ford ownership in Townsville and Brisbane. A minor hickup with the purchase of my recent car was addressed to my satisfaction when raised with the Sales Manager.

Waiting some months for a newly released car is not uncommon with other imported makes if a specific spec or colour is reqd. A family member recently waited 6 months for a VW Passat Wagon (Diesel)
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #36
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I agree with image, and I think advertising could be better.

As mentioned, the Barina is a name that a lot of people know and it sells ok, despite that fact that it is a piece of borry.

Most people still call Ford's hatch the "Festiva". Ford should put Fiesta advertisements in whatever magazines 17 year old girls read so that when they do get their wheels, it isn't in a PoS Barina with a 2 star safety rating.

The only Ford advertisement I have liked is the XR8 ute with Mr Frothy.
Police now targeting Metrosexuals