Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

Exclamation Fiesta Stalling Brand new

Hi, i was just wondering if anybody has had this problem or might know whats wrong.
the other day i was doing about 80km/h and i was comming up to a round about. when i pushed the clutch in the revs dropped and then stalled, the only reason i knew it stalled was lights where on my dashboard that usually are not there. any way i started him back up and went round the caroner and it did it again. restarted and its been fine since. any ideas should i be worried.

Last edited by Kariharnett; 28-01-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: mispelt title
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Iv'e never had that problem with either one of the Fiesta's Iv'e owned, it sounds like an engine management problem, perhaps the computer is starving the fuel supply temporarily, best to get it checked out by Ford under warranty.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Had a similar problem in a Peugeot 206 Gti... it would randomly stall, especially at minimal or no throttle.

Turned out it was the idle sensor (aka throttle sensor I believe). I know the Fiesta has an electronic throttle and am sure that the Pug does as well.

It is a reasonably simple part to replace.

ciao...
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

Ford reset the computer free of charge and seems to of fixed the problem so far. but it only random so ill just have to wait and see
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
ATSEIF DROF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariharnett
Hi, i was just wondering if anybody has had this problem or might know whats wrong.
the other day i was doing about 80km/h and i was comming up to a round about. when i pushed the clutch in the revs dropped and then stalled, the only reason i knew it stalled was lights where on my dashboard that usually are not there. any way i started him back up and went round the caroner and it did it again. restarted and its been fine since. any ideas should i be worried.
Sounds like a normal stall to me, better start practicising some more :
ATSEIF DROF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post