Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
zebster
Starter Motor

Default Changing the exterior?

Hey guys, new member here and could use some suggestions and guidance

About half a year ago I got a brand new 07 Fiesta lx 3door, pretty much as barebone as it gets. I've been very happy with the handling and driving experience, not so much with the grandma look of it. It's my first own car and I will be stuck with it for a few years yet, so I'd like to have the exterior done up a bit now.

Check out these pics:
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4...sta07b4xk8.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8...ta07b42yh8.jpg

Right so the question is, what modifications do you guys think would have the greatest effect?

TBH I'm loving every pic I've seen of the XR4, if I could trade it in I would in a hearbeat. I think the wheels would be a good start - I also remember when I was looking at extras on the ford au site they had the spoiler as an option, however I dont see that there anymore.

Has anyone here "XR4'd" theirs up a bit and can make some suggestions?

Thanks guys

zebster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Nice blue. Not much in the way of body kits available in Oz, maybe XR4 bumpers if you can find some.
Some nice wheels would be the obvious start. XR4 or 17inch Focus MP3 alloys for the factory look.
Colour coding the bumpstrips & handles, plus clear side indicators are cheap mods. White stripes too if you're that way inclined.
Eibach springs are a fairly cheap upgrade as well.
Enjoy. KJ
Old 02-02-2008, 03:05 AM   #3
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

hey there. definitely some alloys are a start. as kiwijohn said clear repeaters and colour coding work really well (indicators off ebay, get somewhere to mix the paint for colour coding. i just finished c.coding mine today.) i was lucky enough to find a used body-kit and spoiler for my 04 zetec, so that muscles it up a bit... and exhaust definitely helps. perhaps tints too. but first off i think Wheels, Clear Side Indicators, Colour Coding.

here's my baby (minus colour coding)

zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
zebster
Starter Motor

Jim I'm in melb aswell, any recommendations on where I should get the wheels done? I'm thinking atm I'll start the body work with the spoiler - is this something I should get done at my ford dealership? I've had zero experience with this

Thanks for the replies
Old 02-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
bru20vt

Seeing your in Melb.... there is a set of brand new 16inch alloys and tyres from a Zetec on ebay. If you can get these for less $600 you got yourself a bargain. The guy also has a front bar with fogs at a reasonable price if your car is black.

dom

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Fiesta-W...QQcmdZViewItem
bru20vt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebster
Jim I'm in melb aswell, any recommendations on where I should get the wheels done? I'm thinking atm I'll start the body work with the spoiler - is this something I should get done at my ford dealership? I've had zero experience with this

Thanks for the replies

hey there, i got my spoiler from the uk second hand, i've rung etheridge ford i think (i can give you details if you like) they quoted $130 just for fitting, but rises for the whole kit and koboodle around $350 @ a guess. The wheels on ebay sound like a pretty darn good deal, cheaper than getting a tyre + wheels package, and they have continentals, which are a great tyre. other than that i couldn't really give you any recommendations myself. i'll ask around though.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #7
Jess85

i had a zetec and it had body kit - side skirts, front bumper, rear bumper and spoiler put on. i also got some clear indicators and bought some altezza lights - i am trying to sell them if you want pics just ask
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #8
zebster
Starter Motor

That'd be great jess, I'm guessing they're in NSW though so I'm not sure how I'd get them off you
Old 03-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
Jess85

i still have the original box they were sent from the UK in..could just send them in that? My old car was the same model and colour as zetec jim...im just trying to find the thread where i posted pics of my old beast
Old 03-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #10
Jess85

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attach...achmentid=22199
Old 03-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
Jess85

zetec jim..where's your side skirts?
Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #12
zebster
Starter Motor

Hrmm link doesnt seem to work for me jess - anyone else?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #13
Jess85

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=69235

try this one - the pic is in this thread..click on the thumbnail
Old 04-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #14
zebster
Starter Motor

Well I'm gonna go get some quotes today, gotta hit my ford dealership first as I've got a few things I want clarified with the ford warranty.

Probably gonna check out Bobjanes and Tyrepower. BJs had a pic up on their site with a fiesta they did up which I think looks sweet, maybe someone here owns it?

That ebay deal does look pretty good, but I've really got my heart set on 17" atm. Thanks for pointing them out tho bru, much appreciated.

Jess that bodykit looks great! Do you have any pics from the side? How much are you looking to sell the front and rear bumper for? I'm not sure if i'll buy it, need to see what kind of moneys involved in shipping/repainting/fitting.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #15
Jess85

im only selling the lights..the bodykit is still on the car at the local ford dealership- waiting to be sold lol. The car came with the bodykit when i bought it
Old 04-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #16
Adsy01

Quote:
Well I'm gonna go get some quotes today, gotta hit my ford dealership first as I've got a few things I want clarified with the ford warranty.

Probably gonna check out Bobjanes and Tyrepower. BJs had a pic up on their site with a fiesta they did up which I think looks sweet, maybe someone here owns it?
Let us know how you go. I tryed all the tyre places about 7-8 months ago and they could only provide crappy looking "bling" rims.
I've got a set of 16" focus zetec rims (the twin 5 spoke type) I was going to put on soon, but if i can get 17's cheap enough i might go for them as the 16" tyres are pretty expensive.

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #17
zebster
Starter Motor

So after doing a bit of looking around, I decided to go with Advanti Blades 17" wheels with some decent midrange tyres (the name elludes me atm). Getting it all done tomorrow so will definately post some pics in the evening! Set me back $1350 for the lot, so my savings are close to nil, but the move from 15" to 17" will look oh so worth it.

I had a talk to ford today aswell, I was looking at getting the ipod adaptor (not standard in the '07 LX), scuff plates ( link ), and the "darkest legal tint". Has anybody here had experience with the scuff plates? I was quoted $250 fitted... I'm wondering if itd be something I can do myself cheaper. I'm thinking I'll hold off from the ipod accessory upgrade as I don't want it badly enough for $150, and I'll shop around for tint.

Weird thing was regarding a spoiler, the lady from ford claimed there is no spoiler for the WQ fiesta 07 lx... I swear they said they could fit one as an extra 6 months ago when I bought the car. Can anyone confirm/deny?
Old 05-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #18
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

$250 fitted!!! what are they smoking??? :

you can just buy the part and fit it yourself (dunno whether it comes with the tape needed or not... its just strong double-sided tape. dead easy to fit) there are aftermarket 'FIESTA' and '16V' ones you can get from:

www.fordpartsuk.com
www.superdials.com

or there are these on ebay from an aus seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-Fiesta-A...QQcmdZViewItem

(item no: 230180849169 on ebay)
Old 05-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #19
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess85
zetec jim..where's your side skirts?
haven't fitted them yet, back and front skirt are OEM ford parts, side skirts are aftermarket and un-painted, just have to find somewhere to paint and fit em.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #20
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Has anybody here had experience with the scuff plates? I was quoted $250 fitted... I'm wondering if itd be something I can do myself cheaper. I'm thinking I'll hold off from the ipod accessory upgrade as I don't want it badly enough for $150, and I'll shop around for tint.

Weird thing was regarding a spoiler, the lady from ford claimed there is no spoiler for the WQ fiesta 07 lx... I swear they said they could fit one as an extra 6 months ago when I bought the car. Can anyone confirm/deny?
$250 for the scuff plates....that's ridiculous!!, the ST ones from FordPartsUK cost 21 pounds (around $50 Australian) + shipping, which wouldn't be too much.....certainly not $200 worth of shipping!!

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/search.php?cat=115

The XR4 comes with them standard and there is nothing involved in installing them, they simply stick on.

As for the spoiler, I also thought it was available, I just looked at the Fiesta brochure and it shows it in there as an accessory........again it's not cheap, around $400 I think.

The rear spoiler for the LX/Zetec/Ghia is pretty small though, hardly noticable and just sticks on.
The ST/XR4 one is a lot bigger, looks heaps better and screws into place.

If this is the genuine one that comes standard on the ST/XR4 it costs 116 pounds (about $290 Australian) from FordPartsUK

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/products.php?id=90
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #21
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

No ipod adaptor on an 07 LX? Is it an auto? Otherwise it should have one.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #22
zebster
Starter Motor

Yeah its an Auto :P

Well I'll definately pick those scuffplates up from somewhere else :|
Are the clear side indicators as easy to do? I think i'll have to find a pair, they look good
Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #23
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Quote:

Are the clear side indicators as easy to do? I think i'll have to find a pair, they look good

yeah they're a sinch, they just pop out (use a flat-head on the clip side and gently pry off using a cloth to not damage paint).
there are heaps on ebay.co.uk : chrome, clear and black (smoked) look ones. They should have the globes included too.

or you can put the new focus ones on i think.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #24
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Quote:

If you've got an ipod, I wouldn't bother with the jack & just get a transmitter/charger/cradle jobbie. Belkin Tunebase or I've got the Griffin Roadtrip, both very good & adjustable to get the pod in a handy position.

As for the indicators, I got the Focus ones for $60. I prefer to keep things genuine.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #25
zebster
Starter Motor

First mod done! Advanti Blade 17" wheels with Neuton 5000 205/40 zr'17 tyres

I'm very happy with them; next step will be getting the car lowered, it really does need it atm. Will look so good afterwards.

Will get some better photos soon, especially from the side. I had to do these quickly.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #26
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like the wheels, very nice..... :

Advanti are a very good make too, you shouldn't have any problems with them, top choice there, nice one.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #27
Adsy01

Looks great Zebster! thanks for that PM again too.
What you going to mod next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bru20vt
Seeing your in Melb.... there is a set of brand new 16inch alloys and tyres from a Zetec on ebay. If you can get these for less $600 you got yourself a bargain. The guy also has a front bar with fogs at a reasonable price if your car is black.

dom

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Fiesta-W...QQcmdZViewItem
I'm glad i only paid $530 for them then : Not sure if i'll keep the MP3 rims though, i think the Focus Zetec rims look a little nice going by pics of Mitch's old WP withi them on.

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

Old 09-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #28
zebster
Starter Motor

Well Adsy I think new springs are in order next. I'm not sure where to go and what to get though. I was going to go down to pedders and get some springs from them, but I've read some pretty negative stuff about them on this board.

The Eibach's sound like a good option, I've got no problems with waiting for them to be imported. I just want to figure out where I can go to get them fitted, and how much the fitting will cost, before I go and order the springs. Does anyone have some places to recommend (around melbourne) or avoid?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #29
Adsy01

i've got the eibachs as have many others, they lower the car nicely and firm up the ride a little but not too much.

Like most others here I got them from http://www.european-parts.net They arrived within a week of ordering them (using the cheapest freight they had). I highly recomend them for any parts!

Pedders Springs are good too, Don't let others tell you they arn't! There are a few guys on here with them that are happy with them. Some of their shocks are a bit poor for sure and sometimes deserve the bagging they get, but their coils are typically very good.

BUT,

you'll get the Eibachs delivered for a cheaper price that i can get the Pedders ones trade!

As for fitting i did mine myself, but i was a suspension mechanic for 4 years (yes with Pedders). Others here have done it themselves too, but If your not too mechanically minded or don't have the tool's, i'd just pay to get them fitted for peace of mind.

Seeing as your in the frankston area i'd recomend you call Simon at Frankston Pedders for fitting and a wheel aligment afterwards, Tell him i sent you and he "should" look after you on price.
I need to go see him for an alignment soon, i'll let him know to expect a call if you like?