Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 
Default Heathcote raceway..

Here's some news that may be of interest to the victorian drag racers..

http://dragster.com.au/modules/newbb...=14912&forum=6

nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Group Buy???
Im a bit worried about what might happen here. Its a great track, casual people and would be a big loss to see it sold to someone only out to make a buck.
Cheers
xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

I wouldn't be too concerned here - HPR staff, Russell and Joanne have worked their backsides off to provide a racetrack for everyone to enjoy, at a price structure and social setting that makes the sport fun again.

As a result, its a great business and will be an awesome buy at any price.

All the very best to Russell, Joanne and family for future endeavours.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

yep and they are cancelling events and not taking on any new events ,Whispers have it health issues.All the best to Russell and jo as good guys in Melb motorsport are hard to find and if BOB buys it were all DOOMED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
jcxr
Tribal Elder

I think the $2m asking price would be out of reach for most.One rumour around is that an industrial co. is looking at it, but would still allow strip action.Apparently zoning allows several options. Rumours only.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
will86
FPV Mobstar

Ive heard that a pretty serious drag racing outfit is looking at it quite seriously....hopefully it remains open to public!
2007 BF MkII F6 Tornado!!! Build #0086......Winter White, M6, Leather, 1 Pce Hard Tonneu, 19" Dark Agent Rims, FPV Mats and Tint.....

My Work on the Car:

- Ford Bluetooth HandsFree Kit
- Hard Tonneu Central Locking kit intergrated to 'Boot Release' Factory sedan keypad
- Hayman Reece 2300kg towpac Fitted correctly into the rear bar!! by myself
will86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post