Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default thinking of getting a fiesta lx

hey all
i'm thinking of getting a fiesta lx 3dr to drive to work but after looking at all the threads here thay seem to be a pile of s@#t
if anyone has some good things to say about them let me know as i wanted to get one when they do the runout for the new shaped model later this year
cheers

BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Like any car they have had some issues, personally I loved mine, only problem I had was the bonnet not closing properly (fixed under warranty).
The only reason I changed was because after 3 years my wife decided that learning to drive a manual was too hard.
Still miss it now :

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
da_ilks

As a whole, people only post if they have problems, not if the car is working fine, so forums tend to give a disoriented view.

I've had no major problems with mine other then smucky idle first thing in the morning (and before anyone says anything, I'm selling it cause I want a bigger car, not because there are any problems with it)
da_ilks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8
hey all
i'm thinking of getting a fiesta lx 3dr to drive to work but after looking at all the threads here thay seem to be a pile of s@#t
if anyone has some good things to say about them let me know as i wanted to get one when they do the runout for the new shaped model later this year
cheers
the Fiesta LX is the same as a ZETEC. same build quality etc. just few minor differences.

You cant start saying that the Fiesta is a Piece of sh!t, because when you compare it to the likes of a falcon or any other ford out their they stack up pretty well.

Do yourself a favour and go test drive one and speak to actual drivers and owners of the cars. not what people have posted.

If you want a decent buy, buy a second hand WP zetec. they come with all the safety features, ABS, etc. imho a better buy.

But dont be so quick to judge.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have to get a new one as its through my work
i'm not really interested in the safety features but i would like power options
i realise they are made to a price like most small cars i just don't wan to have to worry about trims falling off and noises in weird places..things thats should not happen in any new car
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Saloon Car racecar
Old 06-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
scooby

I think the Fiesta is a well built small car. Very solid and handles well. The only issue is that fuel consumption is a bit high (mines an auto, I think the manuals are ok). Haven't had one thing go wrong with mine.
My Focus on the other hand....
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Like Photn said, I reckon my WP Zetec has the right stuff. It's a 1.6L, but in that small body the good power/weight ratio makes for pretty fun driving (i have no troubles matching big heavy Camrys/Holdens and other Fords). Sure its no 7 - 8sec car, but it sure is great fun. And everyone that comes in the car comments on just how sharp it is through corners.

No real troubles with mine after 72,000kms. Only had to replaced Oxy-sensor.
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
after looking at all the threads here thay seem to be a pile of s@#t
Well, put it this way. The Fiestas are better than what any Falcon would ever be.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #9
RS027
Perth XR5'er

Never had a problem with my WQ. Great little cars.
Ford Rallye Sport Club of WA; Member#64:

Barbagallo Short: 1:01.1779
Barbagallo Long: 1:12.4649
Collie: 55.90

K&N Gen2 57i CAI / 2XS RIP / Airtec Gen3 IC / Mongoose Dump Pipe / Outlaw 200cpsi Cat / Milltek Ultimate Race Catback / Whiteline 24mm RARB / Whiteline FALK / BC Racing BR-Spec Coilovers / RSR Rear Camber Arms / Ferodo DS2500 Pads F&R / Goodridge Braided Brake Lines / Elevate Torque Mount / DS MOD C / MkII RS Clutch & DMF / Quaife LSD
RS027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Well, put it this way. The Fiestas are better than what any Falcon would ever be.
I drive a 997 911 Turbo so I'm neutral.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #11
South
Flame Thrower

I recently got one as a company car, WQ 2007 manual LX 3 Door.

Its a tidy little unit, can park it anywhere, it runs on BP Ultimate and gets about 7L/100, gets up and boogies with the traffic. Only complaint is the aircon cycles too much when on, the a/c clutch clicks very loudly in and out. Oh and I think they need another gear, 3k rpm @ 100kph is noisey and not necessary!

For a company daily driver, its a good bit of kit, and very cheap to buy aswell!

I have in the garage an XR6 Turbo for the weekend to keep me happy.
South is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #12
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
hey all
cheers
Got my wife a new 2007 Fiesta 5 door auto in January no issues, only she does to much driving 10,000klm and not one compliant, excellent on fuel...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #13
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I had a WP LX for about 18 months, no problems at all. In general they're a bit noisier in cabin to the competition but they are one of the best on road. Great engine note even stock, good gearshift and sharp handling. Compared to say a Colt or a Yaris they feel a lot more solid on the road and don't feel plasticky. Give yourself the time to take one for a drive and you'll be surprised.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #14
Fez WQ

I have had 2 of em they are great cars 1st one was a dud. the WQ is the best small car on the market. I get 620km to a tank. No problem at all with the WQ. I would get this or the mazda. Best cars out there by far.
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i got some prices drive away and the cheapest so fast is $16120 with metallic paint option.
whats prices have you paid for a base fiesta lx 3 dr...
the next generation fiesta is due out in september so maybe i should wait for a runout model special...
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Saloon Car racecar
Old 12-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #16
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Thats sounds about right and pretty good deal. Did you haggle any options like carpet matts, weather shields, dash mat etc.... Or say ill give you 16g flat if not i walk away. 99% of the time they will do it. You wont be disappointed with the car. Its the best bang for buck hatch around under 20g. What colour you thinking fo getting. What dealers have you gon too?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #17
fiesta8u

i got mine for 16k with metalic paint, mats and smokers pack, he wanted extra for the 3 i told him last chance 16k he goes nope i just said fine then off to the other dealership i got up left got around the corner he rang me and said 16200 i firmly said no, got to the other corner received another phone call with him asking me when i could come back and sign the contract for 16k hihihihi so it worked ;)
fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i took one for a drive yesterday and was impressed with the torque/midrange but sort of falls off up top but still pulled up hills in 5th
pretty good for a small car tho.
i'm after black and seeing that i'm leasing it i'll get a few options...but i'm waiting to find out some details witht he leasing company before i go any further
thanks for all your replies
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Saloon Car racecar
Old 14-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #19
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

the mrs had a WP Zetec for a year or so and it was a well made little car. I will say though it had a horribly uncomfortable passenger seat and the clutch broke twice. However the clutch was (so i'm told) a recall feature later on (after we sold it!!) Other than that it was a zippy, economical car. I'm guessing the WQ LX would be very similar build quality.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #20
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

I have a panther black one and im not to fussed on it. The metalic in it make it look dusty and it forever looks like i dont wash it. but if you can live with that well thats all good.
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #21
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had mine 3 years, no problems except the drivers door trim ,outside fell off, but Araldite fixed that. Much better than a Getz etc.
Old 23-06-2008, 10:54 AM   #22
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm still deciding on a car. yaris is better speced and barina is way cheaper but i would never get a barina (i'd rather buy a daewoo kalos) local dealer advertised a 2007 zetec for "14990* drive away" *= dealer deliver and stat charges extra....that shits me as they advertised drive away?????
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Saloon Car racecar
Old 23-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #23
scooby

Yes I've noticed one particular Ford dealer in the Sutherland Shire advertising Fiesta and Focus at driveaway prices * = small print says plus dealer delivery and stat charges extra. Very misleading.
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #24
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes maybe i should hit them up on that one and see if they will actually sell for $14990 drive away......
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Saloon Car racecar
Old 23-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #25
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might wanna check this out.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...91#post2197191
Old 02-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #26
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Cannot fault our car. Bought brand new, now 3 years old, 36000k's... faultless!!!
drives well, handles well, good stereo,great a/c and heater,engine a little loud on highway(to be expected) fuel economy..6.6 per 100k's..excellent. Ours is a 3 door LX manual. Have not had any problems!!
Downside...not as comfy as Falcon.
Would recommend this car to anyone wanting a small,reliable car.