Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 
Default Irwins loose court case..

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001028,00.html

How the hell do they get given a 6.3m grant in the first place,seems to have gone well under the radar..

Old 03-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
azaxr8

his wife, seems to be somewhat of a gold digger. Thats my opinion
Old 03-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks like bindi will have to make some more vids
Old 03-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
looks like bindi will have to make some more vids
Oh god please no!!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Having personally sat in on hearing The irwins side of this story many times over the last few months i think you all need to do some research, you lot are quick to jump on the bandwagon when the media reports us all as hoons, but as soon as the tables turn the media knows alland everything you report is the truth?

i LOL
Old 03-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #6
azaxr8

such is life?
Old 03-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Whats the media have to do with it?
Its just a report on a court case,but the part I found interesting is that they were granted 6.3m to buy a station,
thats the issue for me,a rich media family getting a fortune in our tax dollars..when's the last time any of you got a grant to buy a property..

BTW I have been a *non fan* of the irwins from way back,so maybe Im just biased..
Old 03-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #8
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

The Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve is being used as a Research Station, which puts the Crocs and Reptiles Dept at Autralia Zoo as the leaders in research for this genre. The grant was so this continues.

They didnt buy it to put up a 16 bedroom mansion, 3 pools, 6 helipads and a dirtbike track.

There is so much more to the story then what your beloved media states, as is the case in all situations.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #9
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RGE
There is so much more to the story then what your beloved media states, as is the case in all situations.
The Irwins are the masters of using the media for they're own ends,so I would say its "they're" beloved media not mine..

Last I checked crocs are doing fine all by themselves,BIG waste of money if you ask me,but all in keeping with being a feel good greenie country I spose..
Old 03-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #10
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378

BTW I have been a *non fan* of the irwins from way back,
Ahhhhh! So that's what this is all about then. Sh!tcannin' the Irwins 'ey! Surely there is more out there that you can report on to help get your post count up.

Let it go buddy. The mans dead. Ain't that enough for you?
Personally, I have better things to do then concern myself in someone elses business.

Besides, since when anything the Irwins have done ever effected you? Just let it be mate.

Oh, and yes. The crocs are doing fine. Handbag anyone?
Old 03-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #11
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
Ahhhhh! So that's what this is all about then. Sh!tcannin' the Irwins 'ey!
While I admit to cringing everytime I see one of them on the box,this isnt what its about al all,I could have easily had said nothing about my dislike of them..

Quote:
Let it go buddy. The mans dead. Ain't that enough for you?
Nope,the wife still lives..

Quote:
Personally, I have better things to do then concern myself in someone elses business.
Someone elses business?
hmmmm,how our tax dollars are spent concerns all of us,its not the Irwins private business at all.
Quote:
Besides, since when anything the Irwins have done ever effected you?
Since when 6.3m of mine and your money was spent on a "research" program *cough* private playground..
Quote:
Oh, and yes. The crocs are doing fine.
Bloody oath they are..
Old 03-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There maybe more to the story then what you or I reckon or have been informed of, but feel free to keep that post count ticking over.
Fortunately for me, I have better things to do then read your degrading comments.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #13
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
but feel free to keep that post count ticking over.

Posts in the Bar do not add to ones post count.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #14
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Posts in the Bar do not add to ones post count.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #15
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

So at what stage will you research what they do there? or is it too nice inside your little bubble world to destroy it with the truth?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #16
pottsy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
The Irwins are the masters of using the media for they're own ends,so I would say its "they're" (their) beloved media not mine..

Last I checked crocs are doing fine all by themselves,BIG waste of money if you ask me,but all in keeping with being a feel good greenie country I spose..
i had to do it, as you highlighting it in you're, sorry your post.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #17
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I come to a ford forum to read this crap... geeshhh!
Closed Thread