Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
smally289
growing up is optional

Default Error in latest AMC mag??

Just received my copy of AMC issue 39 and have been drooling over Gossy's XB. I was there when Moff raced this at AIR in '76 - it was my first race event, at the age of 8.
Whats the go with the story on page 13 (blown away)? Is it an ad or what? The text is mixed up and all over the place, sideways and printed over the top of other text in places. Its like the Castrol ad on the previous page has 'pushed' it all out of whack!
Anyone elses copy have this?

smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If no one elses id the same hang on to it with ya life seal it up in a air tight
bag and put it away. Will be worth a fortune in years to come.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yes mate it's an ad. The latest Wheels I think has it too. So don't worry.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Its an ad, it threw me off too, there was one in the Top Gear Australia mag. I thought the ad was just one page and that was the article with screwed up printing- Then i realised it was a 2 page ad :

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Funny, I was looking at the Gossy XB restoration article while reading this thread. (Computer a bit slow to load up the threads sometimes -and its Bigpond not dialup, so I have backup reading material).
Yeah its the ad, wouldnt change my mind to use the stuff though.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
smally289
growing up is optional

What really cracks me up is the part where it says

"there needed to be at least 20thou taken off but it finishes up at 28. Wow, 2.8 mil off the head, that'll help with the compression lift."

Umm 28 thou aint 2.8 mm!!! More like 0.7mm ...........
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post