Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 
Default Swapping over complete IRS cradle

Just wanted to know how easy/hard this is, and how long would it take, just to plan ahead. How hard is it to get it back up is it as simple as bolting in the 2 front cradle bolts and then jacking the rear up and putting in the 2 rear bolts?

Old 10-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Nearly that simple 6 bolts : allow 2 1/2 3 hours tops

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #3
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

cool thanks mate.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well im off to a wonderful start with 1 broken rear chassie bolt, i got it all in and then had to pull it all out again cause i then found that the S1 handbreak cable is longer than in S2, so i have had to pull it all out again so that i can swap that over now, and then try again.

Note to self, with an LSD putting 2 wheels on it doesnt make it easy to move around. Note 2 - IRS cradle to heavy to lift by one's self.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
honer
Back to N/A land

Yup def heavy !!!

We used 3 jacks to help move it and raise mine up.. Hat goes off to you for doing it yourself !
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep all done now, car drives far better, performance wise its not very good, but thats more as issue of me changing stuff while it was apart and therefore a fair wack out of tune.

Now im going to lie down till 2pm tomorrow when i have to goto work to give my back time to recover, im sore, real sore!

Last edited by 5.0 ED; 12-11-2008 at 10:11 PM.
5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post