Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

Old 09-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Default Winton V8SCA Test Day for Vic teams

Well, just got back from the V8SCA (vic teams) test day at Winton. An early start to the morning seen about 15 cars meeting at Chirnside Park another three tag along at Bonnie Doon and another one at Benella for the morning tea/ pit stop before getting to the track.

Looked good to see all of the cars lined up driving up there as well as in the car park at the track. Was also great to see some familiar faces in the club and also the number of new members who came along for the drive to watch the V8's. Bit of bad luck that XR06 couldnt be bothered moving one car to get the EF out.............. Hmmm me thinks that he should come around to our place to move cars around the garage - I reckon that I would be good at Chess (even though I have never played it before)

The day was a bit top heavy with Commodores on the track but I guess you get that when there is so many FORD teams based in Queensland.....

Great day out even if we should have gone home via the Hume due to the delays from Glenburn to Yarra Glen that took the best part of an hour just for that stretch due to rubber neckkers forgetting what burntout bushland looked like 500m ago...........

GBG did take a few photos today as usual and I am sure that there will be a few appetisers on here after and the rest on the website as usual.

Oh well off to play 'chess' in the garage and organise cars/trailers for next weeked at the Phillip Island Classic........... hey XR06 come around when you have some spare time and I'll show you how to move cars around in the garage/driveway : : :

MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
Marduk
BFII XR6

Yeah great day. I left at 2 (Slack I know :P). I got a few pictures but nothing really that good. It took me 3 1/2 hours to get home I spent at least 30 minutes on the Melba doing 20km/h if I was lucky before I took a detour to Healsville and went round the back.
Just like to add a thanks to those who showed me around.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't wait for the pics. I off to Willowbank on Wednesday for the Qld test day, lots of Ford teams to drool over ::
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

What a fabulous day! We had plenty of newies come along to Chirnside and a few that were....err... running late caught up as well.
There were over 20 cars that came, and we headed through the "back way" to Benalla. We stopped at the always excellent Hides bakery for a feed before heading in. Many members had just seen the effects of the recent fires for the first time were quite shocked, and yep those who took the same way home in the arvo were subject to an hour taken to go from just past Glenburn to Yarra Glen. Many were simply slowing to look at the scenery or lack thereof, but i guess with the last day of a long weekend and no Maroondah hwy, it had to get to yarra Glen somehow....

Bad luck to Marcus Zukanovic who slammed his Commodore into a wall side-on at high-speed, and was taken to Wangaratta Hospital with two broken bones in his leg, a broken shoulder and a broken rib
It took near on an hour before they were back on track. Richo had ALL sorts of oil issues : but at least got some laps in.........

Marduk

Alex

Nick

New member Andrew

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.

Last edited by Go baby Go; 10-03-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:27 AM   #5
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Oh that's right - there were some v8's there........ :

zukanovic's car.

You could hear a Larry engine apart from others quite easily. Side on the FG rear spoiler looks quite big. When we left Caruso had the fastest time.

Motiv8 was a very happy camper when he first heard that bundy was getting into the V8's - if only he could change the badge on the front.........it does come up well though

The gooses award goes to...... BOC Racing. Only glancing in and looking at the drivers, it took a sec before i realised that Jason Richards was wearing Cam McConville's old race suit....................

Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
MOTIV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
Motiv8 was a very happy camper when he first heard that bundy was getting into the V8's - if only he could change the badge on the front.........it does come up well though
Might have to have a look at the merchandise if they do any...!!!! and see how easy it would be to take any reference to HSV or Holden off them. Hope that they do a flag as well as that would look good in the collection. :
Old 10-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
Marduk
BFII XR6

Quote:

Marduk

Very nice picture :P

A few I took. Didn't get anything good unfortunately.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #8
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's some pics I took at Qld raceway today

Can't forget GBG's favourite driver

Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
Can't forget GBG's favourite driver
Ohhh I reckon we can.... forget him that is.
still wandering around aimlessly i see...............

Old 12-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

SBR have to be the pick of the crop in terms of car designs - I reckon they're hot!!! Very closely followed by Coulthard!!!

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

FG racecar is pure horn!!!!

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never seen such good colour reproduction of dayglo colours in pics than what my humble camera can do. Pity it wasn't a proper digital SLR.
Old 13-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #14
MOTIV8

Quote:
Ohhh I reckon we can.... forget him that is.
still wandering around aimlessly i see...............
Hey looks to me like he is still looking for his helmet................... :
Old 13-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #15
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually I think I may have heard him drop his guts, hence the weird stance. (am I allowed to post that?)