Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
NJM586

Default Wq Custom sunroof

Hey guys

as topic says im getting installed a sunroof but i was wondering if this voids warrenty ? anyone no if it does ?

NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I saw a black WQ LX with a sunroof last night and got me thinking, actually.

I don't know with Ford to be certain but we used to install aftermarket sunroofs on new Mitsi's when i worked for a dealer a while ago with no issues. Often they were better quality than the OEM product anyway. Sunroof City is the place to go in Adelaide.
Old 26-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
Ben85

I heard somewhere that cutting into the roof did void your warranty. Best to ring ford.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
I heard somewhere that cutting into the roof did void your warranty. Best to ring ford.
Its impossible to "void" warranty.

Yes, if you cut into the roof you can't claim warranty if the roof falls off but if your suspension collapses or engine explodes you are most definatly covered.
Old 27-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
FTRXR8

Would love to see the completed task with a few pics if possible.
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
FTRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
NJM586

hey Guys,

Just spoke to ford and they said as long as the sunroof does not cause the problem you want fixed under warrenty there is no problem sunroof here i come

BAXTC - no worries once i get it done i will post pictures of the finished product (im getting it professionally done buy a well known brand "webasto" distributer so it should look the goods once complete)
Old 15-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
NJM586

Sunroof goes in this friday i will post pics after it is completed
can't wait lol
Old 16-04-2009, 01:22 AM   #8
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

interested to see the final outcome. what type of sunroof are you getting?

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
NJM586

I was going to go for the motorised sunroof but i didnt want any trouble down the track with the motor playing up and plus paying 1600 i couldnt see the point !!!! it is a pop up sunroof simple but affective and i got it at a great price

Pictures are below in the link !!!

http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_a...oofs_3547.html
Old 17-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #11
amcqu2
Starter Motor

looks nice man, very nice.
kinda wish you didn't post pictures though. Now i want one.
amcqu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 02:11 AM   #12
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

great stuff, looks pretty neat. but i think i'd prefer the electronic slide/tilt ones myself. definitely won't be installing one on the fiesta. wouldn't be able to justify the costs really. but if it's an option on my next car, that box will be getting a tick for sure.

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #13
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does it come with a blind on the inside so you able to block the sun out?.
Other than that looks good.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
Zetec Dave

Oooooh. Just visited the website and now wanting to get a motorised sunroof with the sunblind...I sooooohate you right now...never thought about it till now.........*sigh* Going to have to rock up on Monday to one of the installers and soo what damage its gonna do to my wallet since there was no factory sunroof option for the WS Fiesta.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
NJM586

lol sorry guys its a bit of a tease but trust me once you get it done you will not regret it

Black_Betty - No it doesnt come with the blind on the inside that only comes with the motorised sunroof however the sunroof protects against 98% of the sun rays and it is tinted the sunlight how ever yes it gets bright inside lol but i new it would when i got it done they actually put in a bigger sunroof then orginally thought could be put in the fiesta which im happy with im going to small car sunday in may so if you guys wanna see how it looks i will be there

Zetec Dave - well when i questioned about the motorised sunroof i got quoted $1600 installed etc my mates have had problems in the past with brand spanking new cars having sunroofs playing up so i was a bit hesitate but dont get me wrong they are hot on cars get one you no you want to lol and plus i didnt see the point spending that much on a sunroof that money can go towards my next mod colour coding everything and painting brake calipers

My one cost me $650 cash thats installation parts labour etc i dropped the car of at 8am and picked it up at 3pm so it is an all day job but worth the wait and worth the money

Call Sydney city sunroofs they are located in Milperra NSW i cannot recommend them enough very professional in there work and extreamly great customer service im very happy with the result :