Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Default Ford Ecoboost mules up and running!

http://ninemsn.carpoint.com.au/news/...underway-16635

SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

So it's a 2.3 litre now...

What's the bet it will be a 2.5 litre by the time its released...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Nice...that was quick by Ford standards but release date is sooo far away, hopeful they can sneak it in by the end of 2010.

A couple of things. Clear quote that the V8 will stay if they can (RE XR8 GS), I6 is still viable for a bit longer aswell.

I just really hope the 4T will be available across the range, minus perhaps XR and G6ET obviously.

Love the bloke, but LOL at this quote..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burela
"We have test vehicles that have been testing,"
Maybe his read Bushes books.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
People keep asking me 'Marin, are you going to continue with the V8?' I say, 'Of course we will, as long as the markets out there we'll continue with the V8.'
That's good news then. Perhaps the rumours of no Ford V8 are false, FPV won't be selling the replacement XR8.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
That's good news then. Perhaps the rumours of no Ford V8 are false, FPV won't be selling the replacement XR8.
Ah yes but the market can change very quickly....and researches can provide information in convenient ways.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's one thing that's definately changed...in years gone by how often would Ford talk about future models to the press so openly...and it's a good way of countering the VE sidi engine economy claims although it's been less widely discussed in the press/forums that the recent economy claims in the press drive days were at average speeds above 70km/hr...wonder if my G6ET could come close to these figures at that avg speed?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

They would have been running around for a while...I assume they just needed to secure gov money before they showed the mules.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://www.caradvice.com.au/41044/fo...hedule-burela/

Quote:
Ford Falcon EcoBoost on schedule: Burela

September 11, 2009 by David Twomey

Ford has moved a step closer to the four-cylinder Falcon with the news that the first test prototypes using the EcoBoost engine have begun running.

Ford’s President and CEO Marin Burela told a media briefing in Melbourne this morning that the first Falcon ‘mules’ running the 2.0-litre, direct-injection, turbocharged, four cylinder were in operation.

Questioned by CarAdvice about the EcoBoost progress at this morning’s briefing Mr Burela said the engines were now being tested.

“We use different types of vehicles, yes we have mules that have Falcon configurations,” he said.

“All the testing that we have done in terms of weight-ratio, vehicle performance, take-off, torque, everything that we have done has indicated to us that this will be very good,” Mr Burela added.

In July, when Ford announced the $230 million dollar plan to make the Falcon the first rear-wheel-drive car in the Ford world to run the engine, Mr Burela said it would be fitted to test vehicles within two weeks.

He later told journalists that this had been delayed, although he did admit that the engine was running in the T6 commercial vehicle mules that CarAdvice has previously photographed being tested at the Ford Proving Ground.

Despite the slight delays in getting the test vehicles underway Mr Burela indicated that the program was on schedule and he said the Falcon EcoBoost would be on sale in the first half of 2011.

He said the strategy remained on track and he prophesised the engine would give Ford an avenue into a wide range of government and fleet sales that it was currently being denied.

“Look many fleets do buy large cars but there are a lot of smaller four-cylinder cars also being bought, where a larger car would be more desirable, and we will be able to satisfy that desire,” Mr Burela said.

“I think it is going to be a huge surprise and delight for the market because it will give people and incredible option, and the EcoBoost technology, being a direct-injection, turbocharged four-cylinder engine will give us the power, give us the fuel efficiency and the CO2 reductions.”

He also took a swipe at Toyota’s Camry Hybrid, saying the EcoBoost Falcon would offer more accommodation and better fuel economy for a significantly lower cost.

He also expressed considerable confidence that the performance of the EcoBoost engine would win over any buyers who were sceptical about the ability of a small engine to move a vehicle as large as the Falcon.

He also dismissed suggestions that the EcoBoost would be used in a low-cost, fleet style model of the Falcon saying it represented affordable technology that would give people a choice.

He said the four-cylinder Falcon would compliment the in-line six-cylinder powered vehicles in the range and would appeal to those who chose to buy into the proposition.

He also suggested that the EcoBoost Falcon would provide Ford with incremental business and sell alongside the in-line six, which will be upgraded to Euro4 emissions standards next year.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
There's one thing that's definately changed...in years gone by how often would Ford talk about future models to the press so openly...
Use to talk not at all about future models. The media, with their own agenda, then used this to essentially say that Ford didn't have plans for the future and would therefore shut up shop. Which we know isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
... and it's a good way of countering the VE sidi engine
Exactly. It's long been a GMHolden tactic. ie Diversion. Even if you don't have something to announce, just say something, anything. Then the focus is off the oppositions announcement.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Holden is testing the E85 cars now too. This arvo on Parramatta road Lidcombe I saw a greyish commodore wagon with the number plates ETHNOL and those poofy little sunflower stickers on it turning into Birnie St (runs perpendicular to a big holden storage yard).
There were 4 guys in it that looked like middle managers, so they are actively testing.

Quote: