Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Damozxr6
FORD4LIFE

Default xr8 ute auII

hey all got a leak drivers side near the steering rack boot i think.

the fluid is clear and doesnt smell. not sure what it is. thinking clutch, brake,

or powersteering fluid. never owned a manual so not much knowledge there.

my power steering fluid is red.

brake fluids full. but my abs light has been staying on the last couple days.

can anyone shed some light on my problem?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
DW260

It's not a hydraulic clutch, so you can discount that straight away.

Although... A problem I had recently on mine was the clutch cable had worn through the LH lock power steer line on the rack. Easiest thing to do is jack it up, and have a good look around. If it's really dirty under there, give it a good clean, start it up go for a drive, then have another look.

If that is what the problem is, a new pipeline is $27 dollars from Ford. Or you could get it silver-soldered like I did and it only cost $10. Any engineering/fabricator should be able to help you out there.

Not sure about the ABS light though. Could be possible that the fluid from the leak has caused it.
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes

Last edited by DW260; 11-11-2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: I've been drinking...
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
Damozxr6
FORD4LIFE

cheers dw260.