Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-01-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
Kirkamus
Starter Motor

Post Aftermarket Air filter for LV focus

After having some fun :evil3: with my LV in the dirt i noticed that the stock air filter got really dirty easy and wasnt easy to clean.
So after looking around for some aftermarket air filters i noticed that k&n have one made one for the Lv focus (its a pod), my only problems is that i noticed that there is a electronic cable going into the side of the stock filter box and im not sure if the k&n one will have an adaptor the the cable running into the stock box.

Does anyone know anything about aftermarket filters? should i get one?, are k&n the best?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-0595 is the filter i was looking at (roughly)

Kirkamus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Hey mate, JUst upgraded my LX to a K&N Pod filter. If its the same as Im thinking, its not an electrical cable, its just an air hose for the air sensor. I had to buy a new hose (wider diameter) for $3 from supercheap, but the 0595 filter has the plug at the side.

Where are you looking to buy? I picked mine up from ebay UK for $160 inc postage, compared to Autobarn who wanted $420!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Here is where the plug goes
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Tinted Windows
Old 03-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
819_FLY

The Hose is just a breather hose for the Rocker Cover.

I just fitted some smaller diameter tubing into the fitting and ran it into my piping as well, however mine isn't the K&N Item, just a custom hack I threw together.

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Kirkamus
Starter Motor

thanks for your help, did you notice much of a increase in power at all? i remember on the k&n site they said you get bout 13hp increase, do you think this is true or is it just some marketing garbage? was it worth the money for what you got?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkamus
thanks for your help, did you notice much of a increase in power at all? i remember on the k&n site they said you get bout 13hp increase, do you think this is true or is it just some marketing garbage? was it worth the money for what you got?
I couldnt say how many horsepower I have gained - but def didnt gain 10% power. It is a noticeable difference though, from about 2500rpm upwards you can notice acceleration/responsiveness is better. Sound is unreal too, has a very nice roar now. for $160, it was def worth the coin for me.
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Tinted Windows
Old 04-01-2010, 03:32 AM   #7
Kirkamus
Starter Motor

the 57i kit should fit my LV hey?, oh and i heard ages ago that you gotta have a heat shield on the pod, is this true?

Last edited by Kirkamus; 04-01-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkamus
the 57i kit should fit my LV hey?, oh and i heard ages ago that you gotta have a heat shield on the pod, is this true?
Search back in this forum Mate and you'll find a heap of info on the need for shielding.

The guts of it is, you don't want your air filter sucking in hot, under-bonnet, air if you can help it.

De cooler de better Mon. :

Fredo

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 01:17 AM   #9
casabonka
You can call me Chris

So far after a week no temp issues, and took her for a good hard drive today. I havnt got anything covering it, dont think there is anything u can do for the k&n's.
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Tinted Windows
Old 06-01-2010, 04:17 AM   #10
Kirkamus
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
So far after a week no temp issues, and took her for a good hard drive today. I havnt got anything covering it, dont think there is anything u can do for the k&n's.
thanks for your help, i just lost my 2nd job so it might be on hold for a while :(