Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: when will you not have to pay debts ?
when i retire 17 16.83%
by 60 14 13.86%
by 50 27 26.73%
by 40 20 19.80%
by 30 7 6.93%
never i'm rich and dont need to borrow . 16 15.84%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #61
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Sorry I hate that comment...MY GOAL is life is to pay as much farken tax as possible in a year...I want to pay 20 million or more...

Think about it for a moment...

Regardless of how you are "reducing your tax" you are still paying money out which isnt classed as earnings..

I look at it this way, I pay 20 million in tax...I have probably earned at least 40 million...
You fail to grasp the concept.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #62
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Debt free isn't necessary the holy grail

I am looking to load myself up with $650k more shortly!
Yep the timing is pretty good for a long term investment.
:
Old 13-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #63
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I will always have debt because i make it work for me.

If we didnt take risks and debt on we wouldnt get anywhere in life and we would have nothing, unless ofcourse you get it all given to you which some people do.

In saying that theres good debt and bad debt tho.. Its okay to have some bad debt (cars etc) if you can afford them, afterall you only live once! Why be a tight **** and have nothing decent in life then die at the age of 65 after working all your life just so you can leave it all to someone else. I think I'd perfer to be hocked and comfy then debt free and roughin it. And when I say hocked i mean securely, not excecessively. No one should live on the edge.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #64
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
I will always have debt because i make it work for me.

If we didnt take risks and debt on we wouldnt get anywhere in life and we would have nothing, unless ofcourse you get it all given to you which some people do.

In saying that theres good debt and bad debt tho.. Its okay to have some bad debt (cars etc) if you can afford them, afterall you only live once! Why be a tight **** and have nothing decent in life then die at the age of 65 after working all your life just so you can leave it all to someone else. I think I'd perfer to be hocked and comfy then debt free and roughin it. And when I say hocked i mean securely, not excecessively. No one should live on the edge.
Spot on.
:
Old 13-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #65
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Sorry I hate that comment...MY GOAL is life is to pay as much farken tax as possible in a year...I want to pay 20 million or more...

Think about it for a moment...

Regardless of how you are "reducing your tax" you are still paying money out which isnt classed as earnings..

I look at it this way, I pay 20 million in tax...I have probably earned at least 40 million...
I agree when it comes to high income earners that earn more then 300 kay a year, with the extra disposable income they probably dont need the investments to try and maximise their wealth.

For the rest of tho gearing can help us achieve our goals not necessarily through tax minimisation but future asset value. Why not if the governements going to subsidise 30 / 40% of it.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #66
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

24yrs young, have 250k Mortagage and recently purchased block of Land to Build say my semi dream home. I have good job and run a small business.

I don't see my Mortgage as Debt. I have to pay Rent to have Roof over my head anyway. So I have no plans to pay it any time soon. Will rent this house out once I have moved out to my new home.

Hoping for one more investment property for long term investment. Then Sell it to pay the other two homes off in full or whatever.

I don't put pressure on my self to be debt free I go out, live large with watever I have in my wallet. I Don't have any other loans apart from mortgage. We live once and I make the most of it... I have/Will have no regrets for spending the kids Inheritance, will leave something.

Some know here... I bought F6 Paid Off was repairable w/off, I spent time fixed it and was livin the dream. No Insurance due to age lost it all was actually finalising insurance the same week. Had an accident on 1st of April ( April Fools... Naat) Got T-bone. Broke my right hand wrist, cuts and bruises. Cars gone, money is gone. God Gifted me with life. No Regrets, they will bought come back they do.

My Quote "Life Is A Game!.... Play It. You Win or Lose The Experience is Invaluable"

Will I be debt free.. "never i'm rich and dont need to borrow"

Cheers
H

Last edited by divine_afg; 13-10-2010 at 05:27 PM.
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #67
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
24yrs young, have 250k Mortagage and recently purchased block of Land to Build say my semi dream home. I have good job and run a small business.

I don't see my Mortgage as Debt. I have to pay Rent to have Roof over my head anyway. So I have no plans to pay it any time soon. Will rent this house out once I have moved out to my new home.

Hoping for one more investment property for long term investment. Then Sell it to pay the other two homes off in full or whatever.

I don't put pressure on my self to be debt free I go out, live large with watever I have in my wallet. I Don't have any other loans apart from mortgage. We live once and I make the most of it... I have/Will have no regrets for spending the kids Inheritance, will leave something.

Some know here... I bought F6 Paid Off was repairable w/off, I spent time fixed it and was livin the dream. No Insurance due to age lost it all was actually finalising insurance the same week. Had an accident on 1st of April ( April Fools... Naat) Got T-bone. Broke my right hand wrist, cuts and bruises. Cars gone, money is gone. God Gifted me with life. No Regrets, they will bought come back they do.

My Quote "Life Is A Game!.... Play It. You Win or Lose The Experience is Invaluable"

Will I be debt free.. "never i'm rich and dont need to borrow"

Cheers
H
you are living on luck . and it can run out . so you lost your car did the other driver lose his as well. get your car insured or you could find yourself in a cell . living rent free .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #68
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
you are living on luck . and it can run out . so you lost your car did the other driver lose his as well. get your car insured or you could find yourself in a cell . living rent free .
lol... it was an emergency I had no other car at my disposal at the time.
i had drivin it only handfull of times.
I have never had car without insurance and like i said earlier i was finalising insurance that week for the car. Don't have car atm don't need one.
F6 was a bargain so i bought it, life is full of suprises and sometimes the grass isnt greener on the other side.

As for the other car it was E-series Fairmont w/off ofcourse. we have decided to go our ways. Perhaps he was more at fault but I don't care, we both pretty much walked out and learned our lessons.

-- No, I was not Drifting the car or being a "Hoon".

As for my debt i am not living on luck i have my bases covered and always have plan B.
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #69
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
If you get any inheritance for gods sake put it into home or something...
Seen too many just blow $200k+ in 12 months..
THIS is very, very true. Some have a term for it.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #70
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

'Debt' is such a broad term. Some have a high debt for tax / business purposes, others because they bought things in life they needed and couldn't wait for the savings to build.

I have several mortgages, and some may say a very large debt. However, If I decided to sell off my portfolio I would be debt free in an instant and have a sizable amount of cash left behind. This may happen in a year or 2 when I decide to start a family perhaps.

Having said that, I also believe in a balance. Even with 5 mortgages I still quit my job and backpacked the world for a year, and have spent a lot of my spare income enjoying myself (more travel, cars, unit for myself and the wife, big wedding honeymoon etc). I have tried to never let my debt dictate the direction my life.

But I still have debt! Anyway, the poll is a little vague, perhaps "Debt because I choose to be in debt" could be an option.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #71
glavas

im 43 own 3 houses and have a loan on a the 4th. have a new maloo and a new wrx. i save save save hardly ever spend money i just love seeing it in the bank going up and up each week. i lived in a tent with my wife in my mates back yard for 2 years to be able to save up for my first house. tuff times they were. rice and potatos every night. bathing in a creek. but at the end of it we had 180K.
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #72
Ringo
I see you....

I'm 35 and mrs ringo and I are debt free. We need to be as we are trying for bubs number 1 and so will go down to one wage inside the next year or so.

How did we manage that?

We saved up $85,000 between us while we living at home in our late teens and early 20's working regularish jobs.

We bought a cheap house in a good suburb 10 years ago and have spent lots of time and a bit of $ fixing it up - mrs ringo has tradies in her family so there were lots of love jobs

Mrs ringo gained an additional qualification and has managed to get a payrise every year plus sal sacrifice benifits - public health has its perks

I have managed to earn a little more each year and now have just landed a job that will pay me $30k more than my last one, with a car - But I have never worked so hard...high pressue...always contactable etc.

We know that we will have another mortgage once we need a bigger house but we will try to stay realistic.

Living without financial pressure is a luxury and one we regularly are thankful for....it was 17 years in the making.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #73
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

I figure i'll throw this out there.

I'm currently 22 years old.

"Debt" is about $50,000 owed to the Australian Tax office. About $20,000 in HECS and a further $30,000 in FEE-HELP. Will go up to about $80,000 next year by the time I finish university.

After that, plan is to replace my EL falcon with something newer but fairly cheap to run, possibly a 1-2 year old Mondeo TDCi. That car should keep me going while I get a house deposit together and start paying that off.

Thats as far ahead as i've got planned out at the moment, anything could happen between now and then.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post