Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default LS radio code

I have had to disconnect and reconnect my battery to try reset my ecu as i am having problems, now waiting for the RAA to come help as it didn't work but now my radio wants a code. I looked through all my books, cant find it, where do i find it so at least i dont have to spend the hour home from work in silence?

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Sorry Riksta, but unless you have the radio code kept somewhere ( a card in your owners manual???) then you'll have to go to your Ford Dealer to look it up for you, AND they will usually charge you for the privilege.

And while that seems rough, what's the point of having a security code is it's really easy for anybody to look up????
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Doesn't look like the previous owners did keep it in the books (service books and manual and everything there but no radio code!) so looks like I'm off to Ford. Oh well, thanks anyway!
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 04-01-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
theBlake

I got mine on a yellow sticky note stuck onto the invoice, so doesnt seem to be formally provided.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #5
STROPP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate ring your local ford dealer and give them the vin no of your car and they can give you the code providing it is the one that came with the car, if you give them the serial no from the radio that will be best. my dealer does it free but some charge $20.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
entheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I have had to disconnect and reconnect my battery to try reset my ecu as i am having problems, now waiting for the RAA to come help as it didn't work but now my radio wants a code. I looked through all my books, cant find it, where do i find it so at least i dont have to spend the hour home from work in silence?
Ricksta.

PM me or email me (mgroom@sinclairford.com.au) the car's VIN and I'll get the code for you mate. Provided it's the original stereo.

Cheers.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Sorry I didn't post, day after I went down to my local dealer, who called the dealer it was originally purchased from, code given without a problem, no charge.

Also got talking to one of the guys at the dealer who has a bunch of spare FC/FD LTD parts, so I've swapped numbers with him!

Thanks heaps for the offer of help entheos, had I not already sourced the code I would have done that, appreciated though.
Quote: