Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
bb_zetec

Default LV Focus Glovebox Light Query

Hi Guys,

The light in the glovebox is staying on in my LV focus even though the lid is shut. The bulb feels very hot to the touch which confirms that its not switching off.

My query is that is there meant to be some sort of rubber stopper / rubber disc attached to the point on the lid that contacts the switch to push it in far enough to turn off?

I can see a spot which looks like adhesive near where the door makes contact to the switch... and im thinking that something has fallen off somewhere.

I'll post a pic later tonite of what i mean..but if any LV owner could please check their glovebox and see if there is something that i'm missing it would be great!

Cheers!

bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
elgreko

Default gb light

Yes very common problem! just get a piece of fome or rubber and stick it on the raised section on the gb door!!! will fix it straight away needs to be about 3-4 mm thick.
Old 20-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
bb_zetec

I'll see what i can dig up and stick on that raised bit.

Pic is attached..looks like something was stuck on there previously!

Last edited by bb_zetec; 26-12-2021 at 09:20 AM.
Old 20-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Is your car second hand?

The mark is where the switch has been rubbing. However, the alignment on the South African build focus' is way out, hence why the light doesn't switch off. German built Focus' don't seem to have this problem.

Like elgreko said, bit of rubber stopper or packing on that spot should ensure the switch is fully depressed when the glovebox is closed

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
imaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine was like that the first week I got the car. Didnt realize still one night int he dark I saw some light, and fare enought the bulb was hot. I just cut in half the door stopper with sticky backing and placed it in that g spot. Fixed it rite up.

Imaz

2009 FG Falcon XR6 Sedan, Octane.
2012 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Mineral Grey.
imaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
bb_zetec

thanks guys.

I found some velcro round dots at home...stuck one of them on that raised bit in the glove box...fixed it right up.

Seems the Glove box alignment is not exactly right from factory. Cant see any way to adjust the hinges either...eh...this'll do.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
adamsfamily5
Starter Motor

this happened to me over the christmas break while away, didnt know the glovebox light was on and constantly drained battery, took it back to ford yesterday and was fixed in 5 minutes, but the battery is dead so they replaced (car is only 4 weeks old)...
adamsfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post