Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Car Wont start

I have got a au2 xrs vct i recently changed the lash adjusters as they were rattling and i forgot to fill the new ones with oil, when i started the car it ran but the lifters were very noisy so after a week without driving the car i decided to remove the rocker cover and fill the lash adjusters with oil through the little hole above them, while i was doing that i decided to paint the rocker cover.
The next day when it was fully dry i bolted it back on and when i attempted to start the engine it ran for a couple of seconds then died and then whenever i attempted to start the engine it makes a clicking noise then nothing happens. I noticed the battery was fairly low and has now gone dead, possibly from attempting to start the car.
Besides the battery what could have possible happened, i plan to pull the rocker cover off again coming weekend. While noisy he engine ran fine after my first attempt at replacing the lash adjusters, all i had done on my 2nd attempt was fill with oil through the oil hole above them.
Any help with finding what could be wrong would be appreciated, Im not a mechanic but im fairly mechanically enclined, im stumped as to what he problem is.

bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Step 1. Replace battery
Step 2. If it's still not fixed, THEN start worrying.
Old 22-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
philfree

agree at least charge battery although if it went flat that easily you should replace it
philfree is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
JK EX CHASER
Formally kotevski22

Replace the battery and remove all spark plugs,turn motor with full throttle so the injectors stop working,do this half a minuet interval about five times to bleed the lash adjusters and the fit plugs and start it.Once you have wormed engine hold rpm to 2500 for about a minuet
JK EX CHASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car runs now Thank you! Theres still a noise in the lash adjusters, im hoping they'll go quiet after driving it for a little while.
Old 24-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

What was the fix mate? New battery?
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New battery, and i did what ex chaser suggested