Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
kboukes

Default New Ford Ka

Just saw the photos of it on here a few days ago (i know its been out overseas a while!! im slow to the party) but how cute is it! If i were buying my first car I would have one of these!

I hope they bring it here becuase theres a forming market for Ultraminis in AUST, take Barina Spark and Suzuki Alto for example.

Is there a plan to bring it here, does anyone know?

kboukes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Caydus

Default Re: New Ford Ka

So what market segment will it fit in without cannibalizing sales from the Fiesta or the Focus?

Prob ultra mini? even smaller than the fiesta?
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
kboukes

See I was thinking the ultraminis, not a very valid sample here, but just driving around in Brisbane and looking at the shopping centre carparks I am seeing a lot of young women in these barina sparks and altos in the last couple of months, more than I have seen new fiestas around.

Not to deter from fiesta sales, its a brilliant car for an awesome price, but I think they could make a mint marketing these small, competitively priced cars to first car buyers and people that dont want to pay 20 grand-ish but still want a ford for close to what the competitor is doing, so spark from 13-15 grand and alto from 12 grand...
Old 07-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

You have to think, the Fiesta cuts into the price bracket of the Focus, I have always thought, why they didn't bring the new Ka here...

It looks to be really nice car, and the only reason the older Ka didn't do particularly well was the 1.3 kent engine!
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
kboukes

it does, the reason i didnt get a focus is becuase i dont really like the exterior. The new KA could (as i suspect) pick up the old market in the UK of young women who were the majority buyers.

Its a cool little thing. Absolutely HATED the old KA, yuk!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
geelong festy

I have seen left hand drive evaluation Ka's going up and down Geelong road for the last few weeks with no camouflage on, which is what Ford Aus does when release is soon'ish, and several mags have said it will go head-to-head will local super-minis and will be priced about the same as Hyundai i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboukes
Just saw the photos of it on here a few days ago (i know its been out overseas a while!! im slow to the party) but how cute is it! If i were buying my first car I would have one of these!

I hope they bring it here becuase theres a forming market for Ultraminis in AUST, take Barina Spark and Suzuki Alto for example.

Is there a plan to bring it here, does anyone know?
geelong festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
kboukes

thats pretty good! I reckon it will kane them, in my book 120 didnt stack up, hence my fiesta!