Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-10-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
wynode
Starter Motor

Default Clicking / clunking noise at low speeds

I've noticed a clicking/clunking noise at low speeds when braking to come to a stop or just as I tap the accelerator to get moving (and will happen again if I brake).

Seems to becoming from the front right and I can feel it through the steering wheel a bit also.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Car is a 2000 AU Fairmont with 70K

wynode is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Suspension may need tightening up .. tie-rod ends ... ball joints ... could be a number of things.

Best bet is to get a suspension safety check from a reputable suspension place (they usually have a pretty decent offer) ... best bet is to get them to check it out and give you a report on it.

At least you know what it is and you know what to fix.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
wynode
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
At least you know what it is and you know what to fix.
Good point!

I might have another look at it but if I can't see anything obvious $14 at peddas won't be too much!
wynode is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post