Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #31
daz82
In the family since 1996

Default Re: Just got a Fiesta WT Zetec

When you bought it do you know anything of the previous owner/s? It may have been registered to Ford Australia hence the early build etc.
daz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #32
Dgalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz82
When you bought it do you know anything of the previous owner/s? It may have been registered to Ford Australia hence the early build etc.
Sales guy told me that it had been owned by an older couple that traded it on a Territory to tow a caravan around Australia, hence the low kms. May be rubbish, but believable since I got it at Tweed Heads (aka God's waiting room!)

2010 WT Fiesta Zetec, phantom blue.
Dgalle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #33
paulo7

Hi,
it could be an ex-executive car. Some Ford workers can lease a car for 7months at a low rate. When they hand the car back it goes into a pool and the car yards buy them as a second-hand car.
So, it could be a pre-production model, or just one of the first off the line, then shipped to oz - 6weeks- displayed, driven around for 7months, sat in a holding yard for a while, and then on to a car yard. Then you bought it.

just a thought, cheers, and enjoy your car.
and damm, mine aint got no sliding under seat tray!
paulo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #34
Dgalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo7
Hi,
it could be an ex-executive car. Some Ford workers can lease a car for 7months at a low rate. When they hand the car back it goes into a pool and the car yards buy them as a second-hand car.
So, it could be a pre-production model, or just one of the first off the line, then shipped to oz - 6weeks- displayed, driven around for 7months, sat in a holding yard for a while, and then on to a car yard. Then you bought it.

just a thought, cheers, and enjoy your car.
and damm, mine aint got no sliding under seat tray!
That sounds like a likely scenario, guess I will never find out!

I suppose it also boils down to Redbook being wrong - they list the WT Fiesta Zetec as being October 2010 onwards, whereas mine was built June 2010 and compliance date is July 2010.

Thanks for everyone's help

Old 04-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #35
WSFiestaZetec
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgalle
One other thing. According to Redbook the WT Zetec was released in October 2010. But my manufacturer's plate on the door pillar has the manufactured date as June 2010 (compliance July 2010). Am I missing something?

Also, the manufacturer's plate mentions Germany (Ford GMBH), but not Thailand. Is this normal?

Thanks for everyone's help. I reckon I'll be visiting here lots!

I have a WS ( 2010 ) Fiesta Zetec also made in Germany.
From what I have heard all Zetec models are to made in Germany, with the lower models to be made in Thailand.
I only found this out when trying to put new rims/ tires on mine as the Germany made Zetecs have a PCD ( Pitch Circle Diameter ) of 108 mm whilst the Thai made Fiesta's are apparently all PCD 100 mm.
As for the manufacturing date It may also have something to do with the fact it was made in Germany, although that is just a guess and I may be totally wrong ( which I am on most occasions )
WSFiestaZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #36
Dgalle

Nope. Checked the vin using the Ford tool (link in previous post). All WTs are made in Thailand (including Zetec). So mine must have just been a very early one.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #37
tcrowdey
Starter Motor

As you may have read my posts. My WS Fiesta was messed up and eventually replaced by City Ford by what I was told was a very early build WT Zetec from a batch that was only sold internally at Ford HQ in Melbourne. The build date on mine is october 2010. Still well before the official release date but no where near as early as your june build car. You must have one of the very first build cars and your probably right in they were for show and to build up stock before release. I will let you know but beside the cheaper dash material the WT is far superior to the WS to drive, be thankful you have the Thai built car.
tcrowdey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #38
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Good luck finding anyone in Ford who has any idea mate, let alone one that cares about finding out.

In general Ford Oz dont know anything about the fiesta's.

We seem to know more about them in here than they do.
PM sent to Dgalle.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #39
blatchie

ALL cards that come into Australia get a compliance plate when they get here. My Focus arrived in late September but it received an October compliance plate.
My plate says that it is Oct/11 built date however I know that it was built in Sept.
blatchie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #40
Dgalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
PM sent to Dgalle.
PM Sent