Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #31
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: Jack Daniel's Old No 7 Whiskey & Cradle 1.75L or Jim Beam 1795 Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
I know I might sound a bit posh but Chivas Regal is a nice drop.

BTW Jack isnt actually Bourbon, it's whiskey. Only a slight difference I know but it makes a big difference to a connoisseur. They do taste different.

If he is just mixing it with Coke and getting hammered then it doesnt matter
A good read further to the above here:

http://www.realmendrinkwhiskey.com/2...on-and-scotch/
Old 18-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #32
Mr H

Default Re: Jack Daniel's Old No 7 Whiskey & Cradle 1.75L or Jim Beam 1795 Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G
....yeah definitely saw this, hopefully this will be available at Dan Murphys etc, kinda iffy buying from flea bay, but nonetheless will take it on board!!!
Mr H is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #33
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Ahh so Jack Daniels is actually a Bourbon trying to pass itself off as a Non Bourbon eh? I knew they were all related but I thought it was a slightly different process or ingredient that made it Bourbon as compared to just Whiskey. Live and learn.

Jack still tastes different to Beam, well to my tastebuds anyway. Not so much that you would hate one and love the other though. I actually drink both. I used to love Beam in my younger years but am a bit more partial to Jack nowadays.

Makers Mark is another nice Bourbon.

In saying this I'm definitly no expert myself. I was trying to get into single malt scotch as recommended by my boss but have found my favourite in a blended scotch, ie Chivas.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #34
gaz084
F1D procharged ute

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: With the amount of detail Gareth has put into his BF heat exchanger by-pass modification ... and also his work on his supercharged BA EGAS build thread has been a help to many on this forum when it comes to DIY inginuity. 

Jim beam devils cut

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11283622
gaz084 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #35
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
You forgot the strippers.
it did cross my mind but I have totally lost faith in the old "what happens in vegas stays in vegas".
Old 18-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #36
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAForce8
it did cross my mind but I have totally lost faith in the old "what happens in vegas stays in vegas".
You must have faith!!! Its what keeps these lovely ladies in a job!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post