Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
T2TICK4D

Default Sky diving

Who here has or wants to sky dive I'm really interested in the idea but was hoping to hear what other people think of it

Old 19-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sky diving

sky diving is awesome did it while i lived in brissy the place i went to is in caloundra airport and i think it was $250-$350 to go from 10000 feet (about 300-350 metres) and they can record the whole thing too only advice i'll give is don't eat anything before hand, quite a few of my mates spewed up while falling not a pretty site lol but otherwise go for it!!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jumping out of a perfectly functional aeroplane by choice is insanity , paying for the privelege is pure insanity . The very first thing they teach you in the Air Force is NEVER leave a perfectly functional aircraft .
Old 19-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

I also jumped out of a plane from Caloundra airport. The missus bought me a 12000ft jump for my birthday one year and put the appointment in my card. I open the card and thought it was an odd present but well thought out and something different. Anyways she says "come on your booked to go up this morning".

I got there and paid a few extra moneys to go all the way up to 14000ft for around 55seconds of freefall.
The experience is awesome, the hardest part is sitting in the door with the instructor strapped to your back. Theres a moment as he rocks you out and and you are neither in the plane yet not quite falling but there is no stopping the momentum. After that you may as well enjoy the ride as there is bugger all you can do about it. Well worth the money.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

I jump in cairns when i was 15 now 24, loved it, totally worth doing. I would do it again but i found out last year i got weak knees ontop of the eiffel tower, then again i feel it on a 5m cherry picker...

would love to get my solo licence, if i force to jump maybe i can overcome fear or i need a time machine and go back when i was young and not have fear
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
FPV-HSV
previously SMIKXR6

Your about to hit 1000 post :P Im terified of plains and heights... But i want to do it one day..
Old 19-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordauute2000
Who here has or wants to sky dive I'm really interested in the idea but was hoping to hear what other people think of it
Hey mate, if you're considering it, I highly recommend the one on Picton Rd. At the turn off to Wollongong. Greet guys and good fun. Price was pretty good to when I did it.

Its one heck of a rush, one of my life goals I'm pleased I achieved.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you hoping to learn? or just do a tandem dive?

In either case, do a tandem, see if you enjoy it, then look at doing training for solo jumps.
Remember that YOUR life depends on your attitude if you decide to go for solo jumps. Many times I have seen idiots out there who annoy other jumpers because their attitude is poor. (I used to fly for one of the local jump clubs many many yrs ago)

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
staity

DO IT!!!!! I did it a Woolongong you jump at 14000 ft which is a minute of freefall and you come in over the beach, spectacular sight. Thouroughly recommend it. DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

2013 Ford Kuga Titanium Gunmetal Grey
staity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy
only advice i'll give is don't eat anything before hand, quite a few of my mates spewed up while falling not a pretty site lol but otherwise go for it!!!!
So you are suggesting not to stand underneath a sky dive ??

Agree: Try a tandem first. You wouldn't find me doing it though.
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
T2TICK4D

I'm really excited to do it but gotta wait a few weeks
Old 19-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I done 14,000ft on my first jump. Without trying to sound like a hero or something, I found it boring. No ground rush. Fall out the plane, tumble a bit, about a minute of free fall, punch through a few clouds, then drift down. Only feels fast when zipping through the clouds. I did a tandem and the pro let me steer briefly which was a bit of fun. I'm not in a rush to do it again as it didn't give me a buzz. However the two girls I went with landed and ran straight to the office to book the plane to take them straight back up. It did it for them.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #13
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Did it a few years back. Was a great experience and something I always wanted to do. Well worth the money.
Old 20-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #14
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
Hey mate, if you're considering it, I highly recommend the one on Picton Rd. At the turn off to Wollongong. Greet guys and good fun. Price was pretty good to when I did it.

Its one heck of a rush, one of my life goals I'm pleased I achieved.
That's the one at Wilton I think - where the young bloke died just the other day & another person a couple of months ago etc etc...... need I say more.
I prefer to keep my feet on the ground !
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
Cam
Stroking it...

I went earlier in the year, it was good but I thought it'd be a bigger rush... I am a bit of an adrenaline jukie though.. The first few second of freefall was definitely the best part..

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11352713
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post