Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
BHDOGS
Banned

Default upc au brake kit

I brought and fitted an upc brake kit http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330mm-ROT...item4850f14bc1
to fit 330mm rotors of a fellow ford forums member to my au today however my au 17s wont fit over them so ive sourced some ba 17s for tomoz no dramas just wondering if anybody else has this kit and there thoughts on it and if anyone knows what rotors are used as it appears there rear rotors to fit the front of the au's possibly territory or another ford rotor?.

BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: upc au brake kit

And is it worth fitting the rear 303mms i got in the kit to replace my 287mm rear brakes? or would territory rears be better to match the fronts?
Old 16-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I just put on a set of 322mm fronts and 328mm rears on my AUIII XR6, the pics are in my Silver build.
What sort of Rotors are you using on the front?
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
BHDOGS
Banned

no idea mate they are obviously rear rotors of another car but not sure which ones hopefully there not made in house as id rather buy locally pretty sure its just regular ba brake pads i buy just unsure on rotors
Old 17-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
BHDOGS
Banned

to confirm ba xr8 wheels fit over these brakes fine and they work surprisingly well for what they are. Having bigger ba calipers and pads helped aswelll im sure.
Old 18-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
BHDOGS
Banned

after doing some hard stops tonight they are definatly a **** load better then standard brakes some territory rears should see this firm up abit more aswell as some braided lines
Old 19-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #7
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Good on ya matey.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #8
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Depending on the kit
Are the hubs adapters gold or black?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah I have the kit I haven't fitted yet, as its part of a series 1 to 2-3 upgrade
the rotors seem to be rears as they have the hole for the hand brake adjustment could be brembo 4 pot rear dimensions
tell me do you have rotor to calliper clearance problems?
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #10
BHDOGS
Banned

The hub adapters on mine were gold. Nope No issues roberts straight bolt on only issue I had was my au 17s were to small just fouled up by like 5-10mm but ba xr mags fixed that yeh there definatly rear rotors that fit on the fronts far as I've been able to deduce I believe there protex brand calipers same as FORD FPV GT-P 5.4L V8 R/H 2002 On Rear Protex Disc Brake Rotors DR507A these on eBay but with slots cut in them by UPC As UPC 507 is the number UPC give on there eBay ad could be wrong tho