Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Chery J1 or buy a Used Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Nah mate honestly I knew Jack about Chery's until yesterday, it was my other daughter's idea, a new car for $8,800 plus on-roads seemed like it was something worth looking into but the more I looked the less I liked.
Current line of thinking is a low km Barina Spark which I posted a photo of above. Excellent safety rating, all the safety tech including heaps of airbags, crash intrusion beams electronic stability control e.t.c. but we might have a look at a Suzuki Swift too.

That part I agree with to some extent but he's a likeable guy and to be fair he's not the only one out there with a couple of kids to a previous relationship. Yeah this thing is doing my head in a bit. Thing is he doesn't have a very stable employment record and is on casual at the moment with a spa pool manufacturing company and he has a very poor credit record and can't get car finance so if I ante-up with the deposit for a $10,000 vehicle and go guarantor on the car finacne there's a fair chance I'll end up wearing the payments / car back at some stage.

But what do you do, (shrugs shoulders) we are pretty comfortable and someone needs to cut them a break...
Good on you Rodge! Your daughter is very fortunate to have a Dad with the caring and helpful attitude that you have. You are the only one on here who fully understands her and her partner's situation so disregard any negativity that may appear above.

Just a suggestion with your car hunting. Contact your local main stream car rental agencies (Hertz, Avis etc) and see what cars they have coming up for sale. There are some good deals to be had with low mileage late model small cars with a full service history. I know, everyone's going to say, "Oh they've all been thrashed to death", but that's pretty much a myth. They're driven by people on holidays, and are generally passed over by V8 supercar drivers.

A few comments here about Hyundai. My wife and I bought an i30 in 2008 and it's been the most reliable car, and I would say best car we've ever owned. I'd buy another one tomorrow.

Happy hunting!

Russ.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: