Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #61
HI PSI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What power does a V8 Supercar make on a chassis dyno

Hi CAT600.

I believe that the engine pictured below is a Glen Seton motor. Would you have any idea as to what time frame this type of engine would have been used?

Cheers

HI PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #62
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI PSI View Post
Hi CAT600.

I believe that the engine pictured below is a Glen Seton motor. Would you have any idea as to what time frame this type of engine would have been used?

Cheers

Pre JSR thats for sure, by 1999 or 2000 pretty much everyone had gone to injectors mounted externally to the trumpets (so the injector was mounted on a rail with the pintle end pointing down the trumpet) and Carbon Fibre trumpets that were seated from behind by the airbox itself... not good if there was a backfire so I imagine thats one of Bo's engines?

The runner length appears longer but with less taper than I recall on our manifold (when the Cat cars engines were being built by Steve Renshaw at PAE) which was similar to that in that the injectors were mounted at the flange face post-throttle... and that was old hat then anyway, we were on a budget!

I remember when we were in the dyno cell and PAE's engine was making around 570 but would keep producing to 8000rpm... I (all of 19 or so at the time I think) suggested to Steve to advance the cam timing to bring the powerband down (the cam was to big but my playing around on Windsor's had already taught me this would work in the meantime) and he adjusted the Danny Bee 4 degrees, it made peak around 7800 so he checked PTV and went another 4 degrees and it pickup up to low 590's (this was the sprint engine in the EL) and even though it was down compared to the rest of the field and the car was heavier as it was not a delete shell that little EL went to the GP in 1999 and finished 4th, 5th and 4th before DNF'ing in the last race of the support series.

Anyway I digress. Heads are hard to pick we never got to play with C3H or later D3s so im guessing they are some C3 castings.

Are you thinking of buying this mate?... would be pretty cool/nostalgic

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #63
HI PSI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the injection and the Dizzy pictured.

I recently found this page about the engine. http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/aust...ford-p0rn.html

I would greatly appreciate some advice... Is there any chance that I could call you?

BTW, have you ever heard of a guy name Gary Gun?

Last edited by HI PSI; 14-12-2013 at 01:04 AM.
HI PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #64
shaness8

Current engines are making around 485kw less 20% just under 400rwkw.

Not bad for n/a 5.0lt with restriction's.

Seen a clip on a Stone brothers engine making 620hp
shaness8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #65
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI PSI View Post
I have the injection and the Dizzy pictured.

I recently found this page about the engine. http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/aust...ford-p0rn.html

I would greatly appreciate some advice... Is there any chance that I could call you?

BTW, have you ever heard of a guy name Gary Gun?
Not of the top of my head.

Yeah mate PM me your number but if its ok it would be when I get home from work at the end of next week?... I work away and getting the phone for any more than 10-15 minutes is hard offshore.

I think they would make a little more than 400rwkw but thats just my belief, now they are on E85 they are reported to make 680hp which is a touch over 500kw, and I would not expect them to lose more than 70kw through the driveline especially with the current drivetrains being a bit better designed than the old ones....

Maybe Grum can shed some light if hes reading...

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #66
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that injection with trumpets is sexy as hell
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: